Why join draft if you are going to behave like this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephrinx

03-29-2012

If you can't play each role than you should stop playing this game. You need to know how to play champions in order to know how to effectively counter them and how to help your team get the upper hand.

Barso55

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetryon View Post
tell you what, when you eagerly await to play support, I"ll stop loading up and telling everyone that my duo queue has bot lane covered.

I play supports almost exclusively in ranked and that's probably not going to change any time soon. so yea I'll queue in and tell you what my best role is. If more people did that without raging and you actually built your comp around peoples strengths, maybe you wouldn't be so terrible.
Obviously, do what you are best at. State it. But don't lock, autopick, 'Call' your champ and roll. That is just BS. Especially in draft. I do it all the time in blind - because thats what it is for. Just playing what you like - or trying new champs and builds and such.

As I said, its the 'champ or gtfo' people that are extremely worthy of being slapped in the mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
If you can't play each role than you should stop playing this game. You need to know how to play champions in order to know how to effectively counter them and how to help your team get the upper hand.
I disagree. I 'can' play all roles, but I hate some - and I would end up quitting the game if I had to play them too much.

Like in WoW, the meta for PvP has become you should have one of each class and learn to play each one. It is retarded. I can never get into the play style of a rogue or a druid. I just DON'T LIKE IT. Its like telling a striker he needs to learn to be a goalie for the team to be good and to learn how to counter the goalie. How many strikers would listen to you and learn to be a goalie when they love flying with the ball and striking? They would deck you if you told them they 'had' to play it or they should quit football.

I can carry a game as an AP mid or top but when you make me play support i might suck or just have low morale. Whats the point of that?

Still, I mean, WHY play DRAFT and force your presence of people in DRAFT when you are not willing to DRAFT a team, and rather just want to pick YOUR role. Be able to at least play 2 roles with a couple of champions each..

And if you are last pick - you are last pick. You have to let the first picks have their pick. Theres a reason they are first pick >.<

Banuvan

03-29-2012

Just had a duo queue call ad/bot and then we have no jungle ( one person not talking just doing whatever they want ). So what do they do? "Dude, just get smite and jungle it's easy". I'm sensing a feeding jungler
p

AJStarhiker

03-29-2012

I'll play anything, but I will say what I prefer or that I don't have much experience in certain roles.

That said, I think one of my favorite games, no one spoke in queue, yet everyone picked based on what roles had already been filled and the game turned into a roflstomp.

NGWolfgamer

03-29-2012

The One thing I hate most in draft is when 4 people are chatting and figuring out who is playing who and going where and get it all set up and then the 1 person who hasn't said a thing goes ahead and picks what they want.

Elsantrich

03-29-2012

Ok so my main roles are AP carry mid, solo top, or AD carry bot. So I state that and if my team isn't ok with it, they essentailly made me feed for the other team as I focused my IP and RP on those types of champs and runes to support them. If you expect me to jungle or support I literally CAN'T do it with what I have.

OriginalJack

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonjiKrispyLambK View Post
Its like telling a striker he needs to learn to be a goalie for the team to be good and to learn how to counter the goalie. How many strikers would listen to you and learn to be a goalie when they love flying with the ball and striking?
I don't really like this analogy. If you are playing with the same 4 people every game then yes it's fine to have a specialized role but solo ranked is different since you're getting paired up with 4 other random players. If your team needs a goalie and nobody plays goalie on their respective teams then while they might not like it somebody needs to man up and play goalie or your team will just be without one.

When you're drafting you only have a relatively short amount of time to put together a viable team so you need to be ready to step up and fill any role if you expect to win consistantly. It's fine to say something like "top or mid" or "jungle or top" if those are your best roles but you should really be able to play whatever the team needs.