Atmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
There is no counter to % penetration......Which is why I do not like the stat.
Isn't it intentional, though? Seems likely to me.

axesandspears

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Isn't it intentional, though? Seems likely to me.
Yes it is intentional, but % penetration is also a very powerful stat.

I don't like it, and I do not think it has been balanced well. It seems counterintuitive to me that a carry with a build designed around pure damage is allowed to bypass most of the defenses of a champion who has been building specifically to counter the damage output of that one individual carry. % Penetration is strong against everyone, it is not some niche stat, and taking it does not require changing one's build to counter-build against anyone. Due to all of these factors, I really hate the stat in large amounts, although I would probably be fine with it if either the mastery was removed or LastWhisper/VoidStaff lost about 10% penetration.

Vuther

03-27-2012

Quote:
Yes it is intentional, but % penetration is also a very powerful stat.

I don't like it, and I do not think it has been balanced well. It seems counterintuitive to me that a carry with a build designed around pure damage is allowed to bypass most of the defenses of a champion who has been building specifically to counter the damage output of that one individual carry. % Penetration is strong against everyone, it is not some niche stat, and taking it does not require changing one's build to counter-build against anyone. Due to all of these factors, I really hate the stat in large amounts, although I would probably be fine with it if either the mastery was removed or LastWhisper/VoidStaff lost about 10% penetration.
Eeeehhh... I'd be pretty worried about reducing carries' ability to carry, changing matches by a good bit.

But they were kinda O.K. before the mastery changes, though.

Lotenn

03-27-2012

I have seen it on literally everyone from sona to missfortune and it annoys the hell out of me because they don't die in teamfights when the should and everyone always says "Oh well that means they don't have as much damage items."

I have found that that excuse does not hold water. Sure they don't have those items at first. But because they no longer die... at all. Means they will get the money from assists and the occasional kill in teamfights.

death obbo

01-02-2013

Quote:
As far as I am aware of, people actually have to build tougher in DotA because mages don't scale (so their base damages and cc amounts are much higher by comparison), but there isn't a magic resistance stat.
yes their is i play both LoL and Dota 2 [use to play Dota 1] in Dota almost every champ get BKB which provides the magic immunity for a few seconds. there also a few champ that give magic resistance to their allies or them selves, and there are a few that have a skill that gives them magical immunity so in general in Dota what your trying to get is higher Mana, and evasion or defense, damage, and magical immunity, health is usefull to attackspeed too [exp is what gives the carry all the damage and farm so they can stay alive longer carry are item dependent supports dont get that many items early and there more supports in dota in 1 game that their is in LoL games. [since the tankier you get as a carry the stronger you are since your base damage is really good early] too.so in reality i think you have to build tougher in LoL since in LoL unless your a tank you die from 1 spell[if their fed] in Dota it takes 3 hits for carry to kill support but takes lot of ults to kill one supports unless your the Juggernaut then if your farm and the supports are weak it time to one hit each support with 7 slash of your ult [juggernaut ult is similar to yi first but it not like with yi he goes past them like a slash he stays on them on them slashing and jumping to each nearby enemy for 16 slashes i think it was with ultimate scepter and each does 300 to 250 damage if i remember right