dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-26-2012
9 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawxpaw View Post
After trying for a couple hours in practice games to figure out what was triggering it, I could only reproduce it while moving the mouse to the edge of my screen AND have the cursor pass over a capture point while the viewing area moves.
i'm going to forward this along to the team that has been working on this.

it's been a while since i've asked them directly about this, so i should probably see if they've had any breakthroughs anyway.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

would be also great to make the selection box for the points a bit smaller too.

Hugs From Momma

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
would be also great to make the selection box for the points a bit smaller too.
Yeah it's on the list of "Things that should be done for dominion and are almost universally wanted but aren't going to get done anyways"

ScorchedToes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

If its the bug that I think it is (cursor turning into ~4 tiny squiggly lines) it has nothing to do with riot, it's a bug with amd, happens in SC2, Crysis, and Anno for me. Seems to be mostly fixed with the most recent amd drivers however (did occur to me yesterday though, fixed by logging out of windows and moving the mouse to the bottom right corner).

There was a thread dating back to I think crysis 1 (2007) with that issue on an amd forum.

AKA the team

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchedToes View Post
If its the bug that I think it is (cursor turning into ~4 tiny squiggly lines) it has nothing to do with riot, it's a bug with amd, happens in SC2, Crysis, and Anno for me. Seems to be mostly fixed with the most recent amd drivers however (did occur to me yesterday though, fixed by logging out of windows and moving the mouse to the bottom right corner).

There was a thread dating back to I think crysis 1 (2007) with that issue on an amd forum.
This bug doesn't occur on Summoners Rift or Twisted Treeline so it definitely can be avoided if Riot can figure out what exactly is causing it.

DonKine

04-01-2012

bump

Sosalex

04-02-2012

Good to hear that Riot is solving this problem.

This problem always occurs when the cursor passing those areas. (see attached img)
I believe that its not the problem of riot but I will be glad if riot can avoid this bug.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-d182958ef031
This post has some info about this problem too. Some of them there suggested that it's the problem of Adobe Flash. Hope this helps.

Idwal

Recruiter

04-10-2012

Just happened to me today. Not sure how.
Some games the cursor will come back too.

Ismokenoobs

04-10-2012

I have this problem in summoner rift games I don't know how to fix a part from going from full screen to windowed with a smaller resolution. It works but i would rather play on full screen. Hope this gets solved thx riot.

naotasan

04-10-2012

This doesn't happen to me, but it happens to my friend ALL THE TIME. He uses some Acer laptop, he says it happens when the computer starts to get to an over heating point