WCG Eligibility and Game Rules

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0megaD

08-02-2010

EDIT: What the guy above me said (I sifted through the first few pages only lol)

I live in Europe and started playing this game on US because of all the 'problems' associated with GoA at the time.

Now the WCG are here and it's nice and all, but the US post says that you need to be american or canadian, and the EU post says you can be european but need to be able to get a visa to the US.

Soo my question is, what about europeans on US LoL?
No account transfers possible yet ''being looked into eventually''...
US residents need to play on US LoL and EU residents need to play on EU LoL...

Seems like I'm stuck.

Triforce711

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvozdeni View Post
Yes, there is. We dont like to play with little kids and have rage-quit every game even in tournament.
Also, you guys have most imba nicknames in game. So, we (>16) dont want to feel bad about it.
and how do you know all kids are like that? I'm 15 i never have rage quit before and i have minimal leaves. Im better then a lot more people older then me and maturer then some.

EdBighead11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliciouz View Post
I'd like to know WHY Quebec isn't eligible? Because of the language? I'm from Quebec and I find it sort of unfair.

Not really QQing because I know I won't make it to the tournament but I'm really curious.
Didn't read the rest of the thread, so if someone responded already, my bad.

The reason Quebec is usually left out of sweepstakes and events that result in free prizes for participants is because of the laws regarding the events: http://contests.about.com/od/sweepst...idinQuebec.htm

Edit: Super nath'd >.<

deathtoDamaker

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostate Cancer View Post
I live in quebec and seriously, **** you all.
where the hell is quebec?

BenignBrett

08-02-2010

Ok, so important question. Is the top 1500 of ladder based entirely on the top 1500 of the 5v5 premade, or does it include solo ladder? It simply says:

Quote:
On August 2nd the top 1500 players will be posted on leagueoflegends.com.

DeepKilla

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Here is a good summary:
http://contests.about.com/od/sweepst...idinQuebec.htm

I will sticky this link one of these days.
For an esport manager, you should learn to read dude.... Its clearly wrote SWEEPSTAKES...this tournament is a sweepstake for you?? Not at all, its a competition based on skill not a sweepstakes based on random pure luck. There is a BIG difference between the two. And plz tell me how Quebec shouldn't be eligible for this WCG tournament since we are hosting the Canadian qualifiers for WCG in Montreal this September? This is totally non-sense to me...

There is actually NO VALID REASON for Quebec not being eligible for this tournament. I know someone who is working in esport for a long time (even working with the WCG atm i think for the WCG canadian qualifiers) and could explain all this to you guys.

edit : A clear answer would be gladly appreciate, and even maybe contact me for more information about it. Thanks!

Dragus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtoDamaker View Post
where the hell is quebec?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where+is+Quebec&l=1
School also, normally, teaches that kind of things...

dreamenddischarger

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenignBrett View Post
Ok, so important question. Is the top 1500 of ladder based entirely on the top 1500 of the 5v5 premade, or does it include solo ladder? It simply says:
solo queue doesn't mean anything

Dragus

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
solo queue doesn't mean anything
I agree with that, I've played many and that's where you realize even more that it's a team game. 1 feeder or 1 leaver make the whole team lose. (In most cases) The Solo Queue rating is at least 30% based on luck.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-02-2010
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Update: Age requirements have been modified to 13. I needed to wait for confirmation from our legal team!