Sauron's Guide of Random Dominion Tips/Tricks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

03-24-2012

The most important thing to remember about playing in high-level Scar games is that you always cast your offensive Summoner Spells on Sauron.

Always.

GeneralDirection

03-24-2012

Thanks for the gold mine of information Sauron! This has definite potential towards improving the Dominion community in many ways!

A couple questions though. First off, do you think it's generally a good tactic that after soundly capping the top point, your team should then try to apply pressure to the bottom point? What I'm thinking is that if your opponents go to defend bottom, they won't be winning back top anytime soon unless something disastrous happens, and if they go for top you can be active and take bottom, still maintaining a 3-2 point advantage.

Secondly, do you think you can add a section about the rough requirements towards a well balanced team? Some teams are shocked when they realize they lack plans the whole team can commit to, some teams find they don't do enough damage or too many roles are dependent on a certain champ surviving, others are extremely inflexible to bot switches, etc. It's a pretty broad topic, but even just some generalizations would really benefit a lot of people. Imo a lot of dodges are caused by a teammate thinking their composition is terrible, but by having people know what to look out for more teamwork/synergy can be accomplished.

Ikarurob

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
The most important thing to remember about playing in high-level Scar games is that you always cast your offensive Summoner Spells on Sauron.

Always.
Sauron is also known as Tier 1.5!!!!

Sauron

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
Thanks for the gold mine of information Sauron! This has definite potential towards improving the Dominion community in many ways!

A couple questions though. First off, do you think it's generally a good tactic that after soundly capping the top point, your team should then try to apply pressure to the bottom point? What I'm thinking is that if your opponents go to defend bottom, they won't be winning back top anytime soon unless something disastrous happens, and if they go for top you can be active and take bottom, still maintaining a 3-2 point advantage.

Secondly, do you think you can add a section about the rough requirements towards a well balanced team? Some teams are shocked when they realize they lack plans the whole team can commit to, some teams find they don't do enough damage or too many roles are dependent on a certain champ surviving, others are extremely inflexible to bot switches, etc. It's a pretty broad topic, but even just some generalizations would really benefit a lot of people. Imo a lot of dodges are caused by a teammate thinking their composition is terrible, but by having people know what to look out for more teamwork/synergy can be accomplished.
The really depends on the condition of your team as well as how many garrisons you have up. If you have garrison(s) its better to force the fight on your own point because so many people underestimate the splash damage it causes. If not but you still have lots of health, it is useful to gank individuals in the jungle by bushwhacking, but do realize that this has the potential the horribly backfire. Applying pressure to bottom lane should only be done when you know they don't have anyone in the vicinity to also drop down and help out.

As for the second point, I can somewhat address that in champ-specific stuff, but a balanced team is rather easy to make. I can put it in but it seems like it would be common knowledge.

inFe eD

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Only one person should be pushing top minions. If someone already is, then you should poke and harass the defenders at the point. If your team has more than one person pushing minions, just give up and go through their jungle and either backcap or harass anyone on the enemy team heading to top.

Backcapping ultimately depends on which champion you picked (See: POOTERSS) but ganking bot and harassing/delaying anyone in their jungle are also very useful. Sometimes you will have teams that perform very badly and the match cannot be won -- it happens to everyone.

If your team doesn't want to group up and follow an organized strategy, just go off and do what you think will be best for you. That way it'll at least be somewhat fun.
Yeah, I've been doing that. The best way for me to remain sane is to try offbeat builds that actually work, even if there's a tendency from clueless players to report you the second they see a strange item build. It's kind of like testing against the AI bots, except the bots actually know how to backcap if you take their mid (try it, it's pretty impressive, I want these bots on my team over 1200s). AD surge Zilean is actually effective, because if my team is worse and we lose top I can transition to POOTERing.

Nekrogen

03-24-2012

I support everything in this guide except one point:

Quote:
Situation: You're losing the game for reasons beyond your control.
Bad response: Blame Matchmaking.
Good response: Blame Nekrogen!
There were too many people bottom! It's not my fault!

Jjaja

03-24-2012

And remember kids...

Solo queue is honorable queue.

Osensei

03-25-2012

well done, thx for your input Sauron

Saint Lee

03-25-2012

Thank you so much for this Sauron, awesome tips!
You forgot to mention Alistar as a Tank example, he is awesome to protect carries. Although, I don't know if he is often picked in high-elo games.

Wongy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

I'm here to show my support for the POOTERSS team.