Ask Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Galio

Senior Member

03-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Do you find it more difficult to fly during rain?
The rain does not impact my flight in any noticeable manner, even though it may obscure my vision if the rain is heavy enough. My wings are strong enough to easily balance out the miniscule impacts of the raindrops. Rain isn't particularly bothersome, it just creates a duller mood.

Now I'll ask the same question of you. Do you find it harder to fly in the rain? Seeing as how you have an affinity for the fire element, this may affect your answer. I do not doubt your strength at flying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
The rain does not impact my flight in any noticeable manner, even though it may obscure my vision if the rain is heavy enough. My wings are strong enough to easily balance out the miniscule impacts of the raindrops. Rain isn't particularly bothersome, it just creates a duller mood.

Now I'll ask the same question of you. Do you find it harder to fly in the rain? Seeing as how you have an affinity for the fire element, this may affect your answer. I do not doubt your strength at flying.
Of course not. My true form is large. A simple rain shower is no match for the power of a dragon... nor the heat of a dragon's flames. I actually like the rain. Washing blood from ones hair is much easier to do before it dries.

Your job gives you plenty of time to think. Have you considered researching anything?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Galio

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Of course not. My true form is large. A simple rain shower is no match for the power of a dragon... nor the heat of a dragon's flames. I actually like the rain. Washing blood from ones hair is much easier to do before it dries.

Your job gives you plenty of time to think. Have you considered researching anything?
I thought so. I just figured I'd ask.

Researching anything? In my time I get to think, usually I come up with more riddles, of varying difficulty. But as for research... yes, I have considered it, but that would take more than the speculation time I get while on duty. The scientific method does require actual experimentation. But yes, I could try researching something. Perhaps the various earthen materials...? Hmm... I don't know at the moment what I would research, but perhaps it would do me good to study something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
I thought so. I just figured I'd ask.

Researching anything? In my time I get to think, usually I come up with more riddles, of varying difficulty. But as for research... yes, I have considered it, but that would take more than the speculation time I get while on duty. The scientific method does require actual experimentation. But yes, I could try researching something. Perhaps the various earthen materials...? Hmm... I don't know at the moment what I would research, but perhaps it would do me good to study something.
Hmm... not all scientific fields require tests. Something based in math, like physics, could be good. I know it requires experiments, but it's mostly just numbers and thinking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Galio,
Would you say you dislike the Noxians and Zaunites with as much... vehemenceas your comrades?
Even if so, are you so dismissing of their honor and power as other Demacians?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cryophoenix

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Greetings Galio, it's a pleasure to speak to the Sentinel's Sorrow outside of the Fields of Justice. I have often been curious of you, if you don't mind me saying, for even to one as old as I am, you are a rare sight.

Did your creator ever tell you what the source of your magic was or of what stone you were crafted from? You have powerful abilities, as I've learned first handed, and I often wondered what the source of your mana was. Could you have some sort of rune stones in your grand body, or could the very material you are constructed out of have magical properties?

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Galio

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilvur View Post
Galio,
Would you say you dislike the Noxians and Zaunites with as much... vehemenceas your comrades?
Even if so, are you so dismissing of their honor and power as other Demacians?
You asked a question very similar to this one earlier, which I answered. I believe it is on page 3, for your reference.

As for the second question, well, I am not dismissive of their strength. Otherwise the champions of Zaun and Noxus would not be in the League. Underestimation leads to defeat, and that is why you should never judge enemies until you know them well. Even so, I'm not saying we can't best them either. Although as for honor... there are plenty of Zaunites and Noxians who definitely don't fit the description of honorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
Greetings Galio, it's a pleasure to speak to the Sentinel's Sorrow outside of the Fields of Justice. I have often been curious of you, if you don't mind me saying, for even to one as old as I am, you are a rare sight.

Did your creator ever tell you what the source of your magic was or of what stone you were crafted from? You have powerful abilities, as I've learned first handed, and I often wondered what the source of your mana was. Could you have some sort of rune stones in your grand body, or could the very material you are constructed out of have magical properties?

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix
I should believe I am a rare sight, seeing as how gargoyles are not natural creatures.

My magic comes from several sources, most notably the runes written and enchantments cast on my skin. This is also what helps me reflect magic so well. Durand's unique crafting material also included a type of stone, one whose name I will not mention in keeping his secret, that contained many magical properties. It also assists in preserving life. Durand used that quality as a supplement for creating life. My Bulwark invokes this stone's properties in an exponential manner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

03-24-2012

Galio,

A I have been pondering a question. What is your opinion of me, even though I am an assassin from Noxus?

~Talon


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Galio

Senior Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Galio,

A I have been pondering a question. What is your opinion of me, even though I am an assassin from Noxus?

~Talon
Talon... you simply do what's best for you. Just a guy out for surviving his own life. Being allied to Noxus was simply because General Du Couteau bested you, right? Then you followed him because you could only take orders from those who could beat you. I understand that philosophy. Then after his disappearance, you tried to find his whereabouts. That is the sign of a dedicated and determined individual, to try and help your master.

Talon, you're not necessarily a person who does questionable things simply because. You only take necessary steps. Except for this prank war that has been going on... but lets ignore that. As a person from Noxus, you seem to be one of the few people who do what is actually beneficial (from a Noxian standpoint though, since it might not be beneficial to Ionia or Demacia) when something needs to be done.

I think you are a highly logical and efficient person. Even as an assassin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

Member

03-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
Talon... you simply do what's best for you. Just a guy out for surviving his own life. Being allied to Noxus was simply because General Du Couteau bested you, right? Then you followed him because you could only take orders from those who could beat you. I understand that philosophy. Then after his disappearance, you tried to find his whereabouts. That is the sign of a dedicated and determined individual, to try and help your master.

Talon, you're not necessarily a person who does questionable things simply because. You only take necessary steps. Except for this prank war that has been going on... but lets ignore that. As a person from Noxus, you seem to be one of the few people who do what is actually beneficial (from a Noxian standpoint though, since it might not be beneficial to Ionia or Demacia) when something needs to be done.

I think you are a highly logical and efficient person. Even as an assassin.
Galio,

Honestly, even though I am still referred to as "Assassin" I've not killed anyone outside of sanctioned Institute of War matches... Well, outside of fulfilling the General's standing order to protect his family. There is a rather large benefit to joining the League, since time between matches is mine to spend freely, I have much time to gather information on the General's disappearance, and I'm getting closer and closer to finding him each passing day.

On an unrelated note, Duran is still held in very high regard even by Noxian craftsmen.

~Talon, the Blade's Shadow