@Riot: A Dominion Story

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whimble

03-22-2012

I don't see how anyone could play modern Dominion and not have fun. It is crazy team skirmishes 95% of the time, and it is what a competitive game should be like. Jabebot was a cool tool, and it will be missed.

+1 to ranked dom

03-22-2012

I refuse to play SR at all -- ranked or not. It was nice to have a tool to measure how much better you were getting and to use it as a check and balance for match making. Now we have nothing. No competitiveness, no self judgement, no knowing if you're getting better or not.

Thanks Riot, thanks for taking the fun out of Dominion. If things don't change soon, I'm more than likely done with this game after playing more than 5000 games across this account and others and being involved since right before release. And no, there is no way in hell I'm ever going back to SR... I even lost interest in watching tournament streams... and now you're raping my dominion.

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

Bump

xKamius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2012

shameless bump for ranked

High Rune

03-22-2012

went from 1700 elo in dominion to 400 with lulu patch

first thought in my mind

"fk"

TakinTheHeat

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorayai View Post
normal Elo should never be shown IMHO, it led to way too many people *****ing about it and causing problems in champ select "hurrr you're 100 elo lower than me, noob" -- *get in game, proceed to carry the 'higher elo' players*

people let it get to their heads too much and I'm glad Riot took it out.

however, i want ranked dominion =D

seeing your dom elo was cool, but when elitist dumbasses started talking about it in every pre-game chat, it got annoying. idiots ruin all the cool stuff, ya know? still, I don't really think it matters for the most part....

TL;DR - WTB ranked dominion
I don't understand this. If they were talking about your elo because it was low, then why are you matched with them? That's a problem with riot's matchmaking, not elo being shown. Ranked dominion will be the same as unranked dominion, you get matched with players as similarly to you elo as possible with the range you can be matched with ever increasing as time increases.

Like, you don't think people will let it get to their heads if its in Ranked? Have you PLAYED 5v5 ranked lol?

TakinTheHeat

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimble View Post
I don't see how anyone could play modern Dominion and not have fun. It is crazy team skirmishes 95% of the time, and it is what a competitive game should be like. Jabebot was a cool tool, and it will be missed.

+1 to ranked dom
Exactly..

It's all about counterpicking and playing your champ well. There's not any 'getting fed' really.. You can get a slight gold lead but it doesn't stick because of the enemy team getting faster respawns and usually making a bit of a comeback. Its just a 5v5 fight at mostly equal gold amounts. Who can counter pick the best? Who can skirmish the best? Who can counter build the best? Not who can last hit the best..

These are the most fun parts of this game, actually fighting the enemy.. I simply don't understand how Dominion isn't massively more popular than it is...

Actually, I think I do know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehReview View Post
uhm..

in dominion its more like "I got top i win noaw" kind of gameplay unless you have an amazing team comp and team work, or their team is complete idiots and does the 5 man cap while your team just does the ninja caps.
Unfortunately, this is 99% of people.

Whimble

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
Exactly..

It's all about counterpicking and playing your champ well. There's not any 'getting fed' really.. You can get a slight gold lead but it doesn't stick because of the enemy team getting faster respawns and usually making a bit of a comeback. Its just a 5v5 fight at mostly equal gold amounts. Who can counter pick the best? Who can skirmish the best? Who can counter build the best? Not who can last hit the best..

These are the most fun parts of this game, actually fighting the enemy.. I simply don't understand how Dominion isn't massively more popular than it is...

Actually, I think I do know.

Unfortunately, this is 99% of people.
Which is why I don't actually expect too much support for Dominion. I recognize most of the people in this thread from games of Dominion. The population of people who play it seriously is so pitifully tiny. For some reason people just don't like this game mode.

Kiddalee

03-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I don't understand this. If they were talking about your elo because it was low, then why are you matched with them? That's a problem with riot's matchmaking, not elo being shown. Ranked dominion will be the same as unranked dominion, you get matched with players as similarly to you elo as possible with the range you can be matched with ever increasing as time increases.

Like, you don't think people will let it get to their heads if its in Ranked? Have you PLAYED 5v5 ranked lol?
The point is not bad matchmaking. The point is that with Ranked, there can be a queue for people who want to participate in the epeen parade and a queue for those who don't. Perhaps Sorayai felt like !pstats was forcing him to play a form of Ranked when he didn't want to.

smXho

03-22-2012

Normal elo should stay hidden, i believe

But let there be light, and ranked, ASAP