Thanks Elo Hell. :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forealzies

03-15-2012

Why is this ranked system so bad?

R 2 WIN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forealzies View Post
Why is this ranked system so bad?
its pretty good seeing all the variables

Yanzina

03-15-2012

Because it pairs you up with people at your elo.

Kronikor

03-15-2012

I find the elo system heavily flawed....each game is worth less ELO - so if you go down, you have to win more games than you lost just to return to where you were started....this makes it nearly impossible to ascend the ladders after a high volume of games - I believe someone did the math and found that after 250 ranked games your elo is basically solidified - if you find this is the case, alt account is the best you can do...sorry....

Yanzina

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikor View Post
Iyou have to win more games than you lost
sounds like it's working to me

Scorpsan

03-15-2012

i dont like the ranked system at all. it always makes me feel like im playing with lvl 1's D:

thekous

03-16-2012

nerf ranked

Silverx2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanzina View Post
Because it pairs you up with people at your elo.
because it thinks you are at your elo, and it also thinks those other people are at their elo as well.

It also assumes that just because you are 25% win rating with a champion that should effect how your matched with other people when you choose that champion.

So while that 8 win 1-4 lee sin may have a 1349 elo rating(i know how in the ****) The system thinks it knows more then it does based on the most basic of rating systems which was poorly designed for anyone but the very best of the best.

matchmakingfail.tumblr.com

UFC

03-16-2012

I agree the ranked system is sort of "screwed up" at times but its not impossible to farm ur elo up unless ofcourse ur just bad.

Forealzies

03-16-2012

I didn't want to go into detail cause everyone says the same ****. Like, well you must be some kind of ****ty player if you're at such a low Elo and complaining about ranked. But in reality Elo doesn't leant really reflect the skill of someone. I'm really not a bad player, I'm Stuck carrying every game, and either have a troll or a feeder on my team. It just gets old after 200 games. I'm only 1450, but I know I could easily play with 1800s.