Serious Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eclipse

The Council

10-22-2009

While Account names are not being reset and everything else is. I have to wonder. Is the ELO being reset or is it going to be left in place?

It is not fun leveling v all the same people me and my teams have been playing. (Welcome to the top elo) and would be nice to have a little free reign on the newbies come release. (ever play a practice? its really really funny) Which would be ended rather quickly by the skill differentiation.

All Im really wondering is do we have to make new accounts just to have fun leveling? cause leveling is boring, slow, and annoying. Its cool since the games free I suppose, but its really just another time sink. (and i thought I quit WoW).

Madrox

10-22-2009

Pretty sure they plan on resetting ELO. It wouldn't make sense not to and I believe it was confirmed the other week in the patch notes thread.

Wylte

10-22-2009

Pendragon says ELO won't be reset

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

As Wylte stated, Pendragon has already said that the ELO will not be reset.

I hope our buddy lists don't get wiped, though.

Ben

The Council

10-22-2009

I really wanted a reset as well, long queues plus every game is against the same pool of ~15 people.

Eclipse

The Council

10-22-2009

No ELO reset is ****ing stupid. I REALLY hope they change their mind. Because I will have to make a smurf if that is true.

The next question is. Whats the deal behind elo decay? Does it ever decay or does it remain the same. Because I've never seen a significant drop in my elo.

Invasian

The Council

10-22-2009

You can see your ELO?

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasian View Post
You can see your ELO?
^

zYn

10-22-2009

Honestly I wouldn't mind an ELO reset. I would like to play the game with a completely fresh start upon release. My ELO is decently high, not quite as high as Ben...but not too far behind. I also feel like I'm playing the same people in most of my games...

Those with high ELO's will establish them again quite quickly when release comes out...

just my 2 cents

Xiao

10-22-2009

They're resetting levels, not ELO >_>