@Morello, Revert Kayle as a bandaid fix

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponet View Post

Chainsaw treatment. She very well might not have a heal.
that might be really cool.....

Nekt

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMcPain View Post
Your performance doesn't really seem that gamebreaking as Kayle. You're doing okay?

What matchups did you go against?
The usual bruisers. Irelia (always won the lane, also had way bigger presence in every teamfight), Shen (although he is quite strong in lane, with an adapted build you will outsustain him), Shyvana, Warwick and a Morgana once (quote from Morgana: "Lol, the most useless champion carries these noobs"). While i did lose a couple of those matches (started playing her toplane about 5 days ago), i canīt think of any other bruiser i would have preferred in these situations.

CheesyChipsy

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Chainsaw to Kayle, and agreed it needs a lot.

I'm done pussyfooting around this champion when we work on her. No mercy for what's there, I want an awesome, Zealous angel champion.
Morello, put her even more behind than you'd put it right now. She's fine as an AD carry, just a small number of QoL changes and that's it. People need to discover her. Don't chainsaw her unless you're totally against that AD carry Kayle.

I could swear, she rocks.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob36 View Post
you turned jax and shen into metagolems. many metagolems have also been released recently (skarner lee sin nocturne shyvana yorick) who knows what you're going to do with karma
None of those are casters or supports. You're going back over a year to find fighter examples here :P

Jayjayko

03-15-2012

Please dont change Katarina.

I actually love using Katarina and I am very good with her. Please dont ruin much of her kit

Also I am one of those secret Karma users and I adoooooore her. I carry my teams so well with her. Yes, Karma truly is the secret OP.

Kejmur

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyChipsy View Post
Morello, put her even more behind than you'd put it right now. She's fine as an AD carry, just a small number of QoL changes and that's it. People need to discover her. Don't chainsaw her unless you're totally against that AD carry Kayle.

I could swear, she rocks.
v8 Aphromoo played with her and he was surprised how surprisingly well she works. And yes, it's one of the best pro AD carries out there. Problem with AD carry bot lane Kayle is that if her E is on cooldown, then she's extremely easy to harass and that she doesn't work with many supports (the best one is Nunu for her). But yes, she can work and it was already proved by few pro players in high elo games (we have yet to see her in tournament play, but we already saw jungle Kayle from Reflex Gaming in tournament play WHICH WORKED, so why not AD carry now ?).

Miss Hilton

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
None of those are casters or supports. You're going back over a year to find fighter examples here :P
Do you know if Karma will remain a support or will she be more focused towards mage?

Doctor Swole

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekt View Post
Rely on EU-West server. What is the criteria for top 50% autoattackers? Rightclicking into most dmg or dealing most dmg in a short or long period of time? Well kayle does awesome dmg over that 10 second period. Given that it is ranged, im gonna cull bull on that top 50% AA-list.

Also i donīt think balance or remakes should be decided by people NOT playing a champion.
top 50%? steroids and range really. kayles range is 525 with her steroid and melee without. she's forced to itemize for cdr. and her steroids are not the greatest. Her W-E are extremely lackluster and her ult is really what keeps her afloat. Her Q is also really solid. Good ratio/slow/damage amp/overall damage.

Her damage is not even "awesome dmg." Is her damage strong enough to compensate for the 7seconds of down time/35% cdr requirement? I say not because even without the downtime some champions (like Corki) will flat out, outdamage her.

The only thing that prevents any direct comparisons with Kayle and another champion is her ult.

Also Kayle counter picks some bruisers, others she doesn't. She's a situational pick.

And as good as you claim she is, she has not been chosen in any recent tournaments in either EUW or NA. Sure you may like her current incarnation, but are you overly satisfied right now, to believe that she cant be better?

Eponet

03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejmur View Post
but we already saw jungle Kayle from Reflex Gaming in tournament play WHICH WORKED, so why not AD carry now ?).
2/2 losses, one of which was a 0 kill game for her team is not working.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hilton View Post
Do you know if Karma will remain a support or will she be more focused towards mage?
Knowing Guinsoo's brand of mad science, probably both