Rate This Guide

1 13 11.71%
2 7 6.31%
3 20 18.02%
4 23 20.72%
5 48 43.24%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] Bich's Guide to Sivir "The Battle Mistress"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnygmaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

You're looking at it wrong. It's not a flat 25% reduction: it's 25% less than the PREVIOUS RICOCHET.

For example, if you do 100 base damage with your physical attacks, it is NOT that the first ricochet does 75, the second 50, the third 25, and the fourth 0.

Instead, the first foes 75, the second does 25% less than that - (75 x 0.75 =) 56.25, the second ricochet hits for 25% less than that (42 damage), the third for 25% less than that (31 damage), the fourth for 25% less than that (23 damage), and the fifth and final for 25% less than that (17)

At least, that's my understanding of the ability. I'm by no means a math expert so I could be entirely wrong - I'm guesstimating here

snowstriker

10-22-2009

I like your guide, and the item strategy is solid. I'm not saying yours doesn't work, but I still prefer farming with Spiral Blade early on and getting a chalice as my first item.

Good job though

GO Bich

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstriker View Post
I like your guide, and the item strategy is solid. I'm not saying yours doesn't work, but I still prefer farming with Spiral Blade early on and getting a chalice as my first item.

Good job though
Thanks, and to each his own. I'm glad people can look at this and get something out of it even if they choose to modify it. Thanks everyone for your feedback, I still have plans to look over some more item setups but I'm liking these best. I've tried getting my Last Whisper before B.F. Sword and I find you just don't have enough "umph" to make it worth while. I've also briefly tried a malady instead and I can't say i saw much benefit.

Denambren

10-22-2009

Can someone tell me how Sivir manages without a mana regen item?

Probably the most dubious part about this entire guide is the suggestion that she not use any mana regen item.

How are you managing your mana with spell shield being used, ricochet going off, and tossing spiral blades now and then with no mana regen assistance?

Not really sure if this is some kind of pro technique or if this is one of those hypothetical "thought of on the bus home" guides rather than a practiced guide.

GO Bich

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denambren View Post
Can someone tell me how Sivir manages without a mana regen item?

Probably the most dubious part about this entire guide is the suggestion that she not use any mana regen item.

How are you managing your mana with spell shield being used, ricochet going off, and tossing spiral blades now and then with no mana regen assistance?

Not really sure if this is some kind of pro technique or if this is one of those hypothetical "thought of on the bus home" guides rather than a practiced guide.
I practice this in every game, look me up look at my items in the previous games. It works fine. The idea is that you build physical and use mana only for ricochet and time spell blocks which don't require more than your base mana pool. Spiral Blade in my opinion is not worth its weight in mana early or late game. it's a nice ability to finish people running but even in the early game when it's damage is considerable you still cannot 'spam' it even with mana regen. So the way I play is avoid mana regen all together, play sivir physically, her mana pool and regen from spell shield can sustain ricochet although not indefinately. I find that I have plenty of mana between buy periods and if mid game comes and I need it golem is usually available and very easily farmed.

Also if you prefer you can start with the rejuvination bead and 2 mana potions to use your spiral blade effectively for much less gold. It makes more sense to me to go this route than waste money on regen items that won't add up late game, especially since spiral blade's usefullness/per mana drops significantly late game unless you go AP items, totally neglecting her potential as a physical ranged force.

Just a small follow up, my last game with this build 19-7-12 5 kill streak, 6 buildings several double kills. Think of sivir as a ranged yi with this build but less damage, more utility. When played right she can absolutely destroy people and towers without needing to spam spiral blade or really even use it at all.

PacificStar

10-25-2009

This was a very interesting read, I am also big on playing sivir, usually chase infinity blade first, but I will definitely give this a shot!

ABOZ

10-25-2009

Bich, you are completely right that spiral blade is a waste of time. For anyone who disagrees, consider that to use it you have to build away from two of Sivir's abilities. The time that Spiral Blade is most useful is the time that you can already take out entire waves of creeps with ricochet. Also, spiral blade is only good for farming creep waves, which you can do more effectively with ricochet and end up staying in your lane longer, especially when you invest in some life leech.

However, If I may make a suggestion with your item build, there are two starting items that compete with each other.
I believe that Bloodthirster is a good alternative to Stark's Fervor if there aren't many DPS champions on your team.
I also believe that based on your team composition, Boots of Mobility can be a good alternative to Beserker's Greaves. Extra mobility means you would be able to go where you want to farm faster, saving time, and possibly beating your allies to tasty creeps. Boots of Mobility also means that Sivir can push farther, with less fear of being caught, especially if your team is lacking towers or map control. Beserker's Greaves in the same situation leave you waiting for a team fight, and possibly turtling (tbr: being bored).

Epimyth

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOZ View Post
Bich, you are completely right that spiral blade is a waste of time. For anyone who disagrees, consider that to use it you have to build away from two of Sivir's abilities. The time that Spiral Blade is most useful is the time that you can already take out entire waves of creeps with ricochet. Also, spiral blade is only good for farming creep waves, which you can do more effectively with ricochet and end up staying in your lane longer, especially when you invest in some life leech.

However, If I may make a suggestion with your item build, there are two starting items that compete with each other.
I believe that Bloodthirster is a good alternative to Stark's Fervor if there aren't many DPS champions on your team.
I also believe that based on your team composition, Boots of Mobility can be a good alternative to Beserker's Greaves. Extra mobility means you would be able to go where you want to farm faster, saving time, and possibly beating your allies to tasty creeps. Boots of Mobility also means that Sivir can push farther, with less fear of being caught, especially if your team is lacking towers or map control. Beserker's Greaves in the same situation leave you waiting for a team fight, and possibly turtling (tbr: being bored).
Nice recommendation with the boots and Bloodthirster, I'll definitely check them out Asap.
I find that my build more supports the team, but Bloodthirster could really ramp up overall damage output towards mid and late game.

Sharnt

10-26-2009

I will just speak about "wit's end".

For me it's a very efficient weapon against other players but after Stark's fervor and the greaves. Because 40% attack speed/magic resist and 42 additional damage each time you shoot a hero so if you have 2-3 hero in front of you this item deals 42 at each hero with ricochet.

Good job for this guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Oh how we all wish.

Sadly, Ricochet doesn't carry weapon effects. Only the first primary shot does any of the weapon effects.
='(

Sorry i'm a little noob, i must read spell before speaking.

Lollerman

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnt View Post
if you have 2-3 hero in front of you this item deals 42 at each hero with ricochet..
Oh how we all wish.

Sadly, Ricochet doesn't carry weapon effects. Only the first primary shot does any of the weapon effects.