Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbstractFive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

I think shyvanna should be moved down. Nautilus should be moved up. Viktor might be good enough to move up but im not 100%. Anivia is tier 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dittobear

Junior Member

03-14-2012

Well since you have obviously put sion as an AP carry, AD sion for Dominion should definitely be Tier 1 high tier 2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittobear View Post
Well since you have obviously put sion as an AP carry, AD sion for Dominion should definitely be Tier 1 high tier 2
Sure, in 1300 elo. But He's mid-low tier 3 if you play against players that are good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
Because Karma does everything Orianna can do but better, except work as a straight AP carry top.

Karma is just like Soraka in the bottom lane. She has Infinite sustain, can easily wipe minions, and can build tanky so that she is near impossible to play aggressive against to push her out, and she can herself against many champions play aggressive and push away. Orianna in the bottom lane is easily predicted. She's all about her ball's placement. Once she Q + W's a minion wave to wipe it, you know you have 4-5 seconds where's she's completely defenseless. Orianna also doesn't heal and is easy to play aggressive against, you can predict her ball's movements and easily come out positive on aggressive trades, as her shield is not as strong as Karma's.

Orianna in the top lane as a support is very sub-par. Her ratios AND bases are low, because all 4 of her abilities can deal damage. If she's supporting she's constantly throwing out shields and placing her ball for slows and speeds ups with her W. She's wide open for an assassin. As an AP Carry top lane, her ratio's keep her from doing as much damage or being as useful as other picks like Ryze, Cass, or Gragas. And also, she's extremely vulnerable to assassins, who are very popular on Dominion.

Orianna has an extremely high skill cap as well. She has to watch her position, her balls position, and everyone else's position AND predict movements ("Is my tank about to run in an initiate? Shield him and R when he gets inside them!") EVEN when you can make the stars align by playing with the best positioning you can with all of those factors, her ratio's make her support and damage very "meh", and with the best of skill she doesn't shine out like other champs that do similar roles. She's in a very odd AP Carry / Support spot, and that makes her dangerous to buff, but overall weak because of it, ESPECIALLY in sub-optimal hands. Karma shields, speeds up, and heals, and can build tanky while doing it well with good base values. Orianna HAS to build a lot of AP for either role, which makes her squishy and vulnerable.
As a heavy SR and Dominion player of both Karma and Orianna, I respectfully disagree.

You say "If she's supporting, if she's carrying" The thing is, much like Karma, she does both simultaneously. That's what makes her so difficult. Much like Karma, you build AP to carry and support.

What can I do to prove her viability?

And again, I understand she's very hard to use effectively. But that should not be cited as a reason to have her in tier 4.

The thing is, I'm not asking for the stars here. I don't think she is a T1 or T2 pick even in perfect hands.

I'm asking you to say "Sure, in the right team comp in capable, experienced hands she can be an asset to her team"

Quote:
Tier 3 - These are champions that either take more skill to be successful with or work as good counter picks, but enemies generally have more options to deal with them.
This is your tier 3. She belongs there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birfdaykakes

Junior Member

03-14-2012

I agree with most of what's been said here, but what about Mundo?
He's got everything you want in dominion, high mobility and durability, good pokes and disable resistance.
I've seen games where the enemy team just has to avoid Mundo, or otherwise chase him all over the map.
And for Cho'gath, he's a pretty strong bot, but it's tough to build up charges on his ult. I'd probably place him in your tier 3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ANUS JACKHAMMER

Member

03-14-2012

Amumu. Sleeper OP.

But no one seems to know how to build him or rune him to really make him shine, except for me. Ha ha ha. Love Amumu.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
This is your tier 3. She belongs there.
All throughout this thread there are great suggestions with compelling arguments, but I'll tell you what I told them:

1) You are welcome to disagree with me. I put Orianna where I did because I do play her a lot and I try to make her work, and at the best of times she performs below average. There's no reason to pick her above Karma or Soraka or Gragas etc. But that's my opinion. You have yours. I'm just calling it as I see it, so take it for what you will.

2) I haven't made a single change since I first put it up. I'm not maintaining this list, nor am I fixing my obvious screw ups (sona tier 2 lol). I don't have the time to keep up with a tier list. This is just a loose template for new players if they are considering who to get or what to try.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ANUS JACKHAMMER

Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
All throughout this thread there are great suggestions with compelling arguments, but I'll tell you what I told them:

1) You are welcome to disagree with me. I put Orianna where I did because I do play her a lot and I try to make her work, and at the best of times she performs below average. There's no reason to pick her above Karma or Soraka or Gragas etc. But that's my opinion. You have yours. I'm just calling it as I see it, so take it for what you will.

2) I haven't made a single change since I first put it up. I'm not maintaining this list, nor am I fixing my obvious screw ups (sona tier 2 lol). I don't have the time to keep up with a tier list. This is just a loose template for new players if they are considering who to get or what to try.
Gragas? You think Gragas is better than Orianna? Orianna performs well above average with this condition: You have 3+ melee champions on your team. Having a few melee allies essentially extends the range of your ball nearly twofold. But if you're one among many ranged, Orianna certainly performs well below average.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Huge fan o' trundle. Grab a phage first, work up some tankyderp. Does just fine, and he's so area control happy, defending points comes pretty naturally. Tier 2?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATH ROBE GO View Post
Gragas? You think Gragas is better than Orianna?
I could go into AP ratios, lane presence, anti-gankability, but instead I'll kindly present you with this:

Attachment 399185