"94% of cases in the tribunal result in punishment"

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCray0n View Post
If anything, it's too lenient. I judge cases accordingly, 9/10 which by my judgement is punishable, and only get 20-30 IP each time.

By 'punishable', I mean they have displayed complete disregard for others, through use of offensive language, or other means of creating a negative environment for the other players, in more than 3 games.
I agree. It wouldn't kill some people to get a single day suspension to learn they need to change their attitude.

It doesn't really punish people who didn't deserve it more than it does not punish enough of the right people.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnesController View Post
Where did you get that quote?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes

Paraphrased, but the content is the same.

asdfghjkl 7

03-14-2012

I did tribunal yesterday. I looked at 5 cases, and punished only 2. 2 of the ones I pardoned had only 2 reports, and they came from separate game. And they hadn't done anything bannable in either of them.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf 67 View Post
I did tribunal yesterday. I looked at 5 cases, and punished only 2. 2 of the ones I pardoned had only 2 reports, and they came from separate game. And they hadn't done anything bannable in either of them.
So the ones who were deserving of a punishment, you punished, and the ones who weren't, you pardoned?

Working as intended.

Holy Malevolence

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
Of the people that are punished, it seems to be:
85% deserved a punish.
12% could at least be somewhat argued.
3% were unjustifiably punished.
That third percentage seems a little bit too high. Lower it by at least 2.9.

Piroxz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

If you go to the tribunal you gotta have at least lots of reported games (some people go as far as 10 reported games as far I remember), so you're not just there because of 1 bad game, you're there for a succession of misbehavior.

blkplsgo

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
Spend 10 mins on tribunal and you realize most of the ppl do deserve to be there. They are going 1/10/0 and typing 5x more than any other player. Regardless of the insults they are typing, if they are typing that much, they are not paying attention to the map, to cs, to teamfights, or they are just dead all the time so spend their time insulting ppl.

Yes some of the ppl on tribunal aren't super bad, that is why pardon exists. But they got there for a reason. I hvn't seen anybody on there reported who did nothing wrong. I hvn't seen ppl reported for feeding with a 14/2/10 score, or ppl reported for bad language, who didn't type anything. It is a matter of how detrimental to their team they were.
Another good reason why you should actually read the chat and review each game. (it would be nice to see PRE game and POST game chats RIOT)

I pardoned a player earlier who was reported 6 times over a span of 3 games for "negative attitude". 2 games from his teammates and 1 game from the enemy team.

THe funny report was from the 1 guy on the enemy team(tryn) who /all "gonna be a easy game" "just feed me" and other stuff like that during the first few moments of the game.

Apparently, tryn fed and was made fun of at the end of the game by his own team. One of his teammates said, "you must be really bad tryn if you talked **** at the start and then feed."

That was said at the surrender screen as everybody was saying gg/bg. The reported guy replied in quotes "easy"

I guess that hurt tryn's feelings enough to report him for saying "easy" in quotes.

Yes he did say "easy." The quotes meant he was talking a shot at the enemy tryn. Meaning he was calling out the **** talker.

Its crazy because that was the worst thing he did during those 3 games. He wasn't rude. He didnt call anybody noobs, bads, etc. He didnt rage or anything. He called mias and also gave advice.

BUT, I have a feeling he may get pnuished because of the really really really really thin skin some people have. All they are going to see is that he said "easy"................so that means auto-punish right?

I know it didnt have to be tryn who reported him. If it wasn't, that means people report anything. I say anything because the reported player obviously wasn't talking to anybody else but tryn.

What makes it bad is the people who use "report" as a threat. How long until we see cases that state "reporting him for threating to report me"???????? Or how long until a loss equals somebody getting reported.(if it hasn't made it there already)

Splendid Pie

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
Of the people that are punished, it seems to be:
85% deserved a punish.
12% could at least be somewhat argued.
3% will pretend they were unjustifiably punished until Pendragon lays down the law.
fixt

Pessimist

03-14-2012

today i pressed pardon like 6 times, people want to report for anything

one was for verbal abuse, i was reading all the game and he just said in all GG ...

lol I died again

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyblink View Post
fixt
That's part of the ones that deserved it :O
Also, have you noticed Pendragon only calls out a**holes?

1234567 ... 11