"94% of cases in the tribunal result in punishment"

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
One fact remains though:

I didn't study statistics or probability, but doesn't that mean that if you auto-punish all cases you have roughly 94% chance of getting each of them right?

And in the end that'd translate to... an average of 13 or 14 correct cases out of 15 per day?

So who's saying auto-punish doesn't work...
Statistically, that is correct.

I wasn't saying that auto-punishing doesn't work, I was saying that the community misunderstands the fact that 94% of people are punished, and chooses to take that as a representative of unfair punishment, where as in reality, it more than likely shows that 94% of the people in the Tribunal actually DESERVE to be there.

StarBubbles

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
I'd like to see how you got those numbers, or why you believe your numbers are accurate at all.
Well, from his wording, you could tell he's just estimating...using the original number has a base.

High Rune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

I tried out the "spam punish obtain free ip" thing and honestly it doesn't work like that.
I hit Punish 10 times [yes, I looked over the games, some of them not deserving a Punish, but that's not the point]
Sure, I hit Punish [as a test, mind you] on 10 people, some of which maybe not deserving it, but a few days later I opened my e-mail only to find I made just 15 ip, and not 50, like the "spam punish get free ip" saying implies.

The Tribunal system is very accurate. People who deserve getting punished will be punished.

lol I died again

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
I'd like to see how you got those numbers, or why you believe your numbers are accurate at all.
Pure speculation based upon psychology ):

xelaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

I have played this game for close to a year now and have never been punished in the least. I have been lagged out late game and couldn't make it back before it was too late (my internet is poopy poop) and my team and half of their team says they reported me and I just say in chats sorry guys I lagged and tried to get back in but I was having an internet problem and blam pardon

TherIsNoUrfLevel

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
I tried out the "spam punish obtain free ip" thing and honestly it doesn't work like that.
I hit Punish 10 times [yes, I looked over the games, some of them not deserving a Punish, but that's not the point]
Sure, I hit Punish [as a test, mind you] on 10 people, some of which maybe not deserving it, but a few days later I opened my e-mail only to find I made 15 ip, and not 50, like the "spam punish get free ip" saying implies.

The Tribunal system is very accurate. People who deserve getting punished will be punished.
If anything, it's too lenient. I judge cases accordingly, 9/10 which by my judgement is punishable, and only get 20-30 IP each time.

By 'punishable', I mean they have displayed complete disregard for others, through use of offensive language, or other means of creating a negative environment for the other players, in more than 3 games.

SP3

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCray0n View Post
Statistically, that is correct.

I wasn't saying that auto-punishing doesn't work, I was saying that the community misunderstands the fact that 94% of people are punished, and chooses to take that as a representative of unfair punishment, where as in reality, it more than likely shows that 94% of the people in the Tribunal actually DESERVE to be there.
Sorry I didn't mean to imply you were saying auto-punishing doesn't work. Bad wording, but I just meant to state it in general.

Kross Kawasaki

03-14-2012

Fake numbers of a sick head.
40% of cases are...
"intentionally feeding" of people that fed but not intentionally
+
"verbal abuse" of people who called someone "noob", etc...

lol

Snes C

03-14-2012

Where did you get that quote?

OnlyBotLane

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
One fact remains though:

I didn't study statistics or probability, but doesn't that mean that if you auto-punish all cases you have roughly 94% chance of getting each of them right?

And in the end that'd translate to... an average of 13 or 14 correct cases out of 15 per day?

So who's saying auto-punish doesn't work...
Even if people do auto punish that doesn't mean the people being punished dont deserve to be. It still takes like 5+ games of 3+ reports to end up there.

123456 ... 11