Dominion Tier List for this day of 03-10-2012

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2012

I think its hilarious that you have Yi one place above Trynd, I also see Gragas is one place above Malz :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
Karthus is a beast in Dominion, he belongs right where he is.
Neither of them are good.

1200's downvoting


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
I think its hilarious that you have Yi one place above Trynd, I also see Gragas is one place above Malz :P
I specifically mentioned that I didn't order tiers individually. You can't fairly determine the worth of Malzahar against that of Shaco, for instance, because they do completely different things, but you lump then in a generalized "tier 2" for how often that champion performs well. I don't think organizing a tier list in that manner has accuracy unless you separate roles (ie. Top Lane Bruiser: Tier 1, Tier 2. . .Bottom Laners: Tier 1, Tier 2. . .etc)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2012

How the heck is poppy tier 1? She has a good burst but after that she can get killed so easily. She's only good against high burst champs like LB, otherwise anything with sustain kills her so badly since her passive becomes worthless. I'm guessing people think she's OP because after poppy blows all her skills they run away in fear rather than just blow up poppy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
How the heck is poppy tier 1? She has a good burst but after that she can get killed so easily. She's only good against high burst champs like LB, otherwise anything with sustain kills her so badly since her passive becomes worthless. I'm guessing people think she's OP because after poppy blows all her skills they run away in fear rather than just blow up poppy.
She's good because she can wipe out your carry with near immunity, and chances better than not, survive. It's pretty much a given that Poppy is strong on dominion for that reason alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
How the heck is poppy tier 1? She has a good burst but after that she can get killed so easily. She's only good against high burst champs like LB, otherwise anything with sustain kills her so badly since her passive becomes worthless. I'm guessing people think she's OP because after poppy blows all her skills they run away in fear rather than just blow up poppy.
Poppy thrives best with a solid team comp, you then have no counter to her. Alistar or Jarvan initiates, poppy runs in, blows someone up, runs away. Sure she can be shut down, but with the right team she's probably the scariest champion to face because she can almost literally kill someone in one round with her burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
Poppy thrives best with a solid team comp, you then have no counter to her. Alistar or Jarvan initiates, poppy runs in, blows someone up, runs away. Sure she can be shut down, but with the right team she's probably the scariest champion to face because she can almost literally kill someone in one round with her burst.
She can only do that if she has DFG, and only if the guy she's attacking has zero MR. Heck I've killed poppy as Tristana after she ulted me, blew everything on me + stun + ignite. Lifeleeched her down after I ulted her in the face and autoed her dead. Sorry if Poppy needs that much support she's not Tier 1. More like Tier 3. I say this because alot of tier 2 champs you listed can do EXACTLY what she does at a range without exposing themselves to risk. In my games 9/10 times every poppy that ults the tank to chase the carry loses the team fight because the carry just outruns poppy since her stun isn't reliable, and then gets blown up after her ult is done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
She can only do that if she has DFG, and only if the guy she's attacking has zero MR. Heck I've killed poppy as Tristana after she ulted me, blew everything on me + stun + ignite. Lifeleeched her down after I ulted her in the face and autoed her dead. Sorry if Poppy needs that much support she's not Tier 1. More like Tier 3. I say this because alot of tier 2 champs you listed can do EXACTLY what she does at a range without exposing themselves to risk. In my games 9/10 times every poppy that ults the tank to chase the carry loses the team fight because the carry just outruns poppy since her stun isn't reliable, and then gets blown up after her ult is done.
I'm not claiming any superior knowledge, you're welcome to disagree with me. As I said, I'm just calling it as I see it, for 1850'ish solo queue. You being a solid 300 elo above that, are probably going to experience different results.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rWagz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-10-2012

(re: Forestgreen02)
In dominion you have to take into account the champion's ability to maintain point control and/or disrupt point control for the opposing team. Even if all 5 are sitting on the point, she can effectively initiate without fear of point damage.

I know that people get caught up in the champ vs champ sub-game, but dominion is about holding more points than the opposing team and normal mode is about killing the nexus. Champion killing certainly contributes to both of those goals, but does not tell the entire story. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the staying power of Amumu - they're correct. If built right he can squat on a point and just tank with his huge AOE, keeping others from taking the point from him by alternating point capture between teammates to keep the tower off of them while clearing him off the point.

We've all had games where our K/D is amazing, yet we still lose. Or games where teammates always chase kills instead of capping or taking a tower out. The point is, solo queue is full of people who chase kills like cats chase a laser pointer - they can't resist the lure of the shiny (gold) light.

Of course, like the OP mentioned, I am probably seeing a much different game than you, being far lower ELO. It's all relative!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWagz View Post
(re: Forestgreen02)
In dominion you have to take into account the champion's ability to maintain point control and/or disrupt point control for the opposing team. Even if all 5 are sitting on the point, she can effectively initiate without fear of point damage.

I know that people get caught up in the champ vs champ sub-game, but dominion is about holding more points than the opposing team and normal mode is about killing the nexus. Champion killing certainly contributes to both of those goals, but does not tell the entire story. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the staying power of Amumu - they're correct. If built right he can squat on a point and just tank with his huge AOE, keeping others from taking the point from him by alternating point capture between teammates to keep the tower off of them while clearing him off the point.

We've all had games where our K/D is amazing, yet we still lose. Or games where teammates always chase kills instead of capping or taking a tower out. The point is, solo queue is full of people who chase kills like cats chase a laser pointer - they can't resist the lure of the shiny (gold) light.

Of course, like the OP mentioned, I am probably seeing a much different game than you, being far lower ELO. It's all relative!
And this is why I say melee champs are weaker than ranged in so many other threads. Melee champs can't stop ranged from pushing lanes and have a harder time taking points, melee champs has to commit when defending points while ranged can poke.At higher ELO, people understand the "poke" and how important it is. Ie. Annie can't take on WW 1on1 at 100% hp, but has no issues if WW has only 50% hp left or a 1 hp annie can kill a 25% hp ww.
Also if you ever take a look at my K/D, I can tell you its horrendous but I still won my way to the top. Lastly, I only made a comment on poppy because poppy is terrible at defending points since she's 100% melee, which makes her sooo easily out poked at her own point and just die. She's only good if the enemy team is mostly squishy since you can ult tank and kill squishy if they have no escape and the enemy tank is dumb for not stunning you or exhausting you.


123456 ... 7