"94% of Tribunal cases are punished"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dricenticore

03-10-2012

What you think this means:
Wow people just punish without thinking about it. You could report anyone you didn't like for anything and they'd get banned regardless. What a flawed system, whose idea was it to trust the LoL community with a player-run report system?

What it actually means:
~94% of the time, the people who were reported actually did something wrong.

You know what you did, dude, stop lying to yourself.

StayWinning

03-10-2012

Downvote me if you disagree with this guy TROLOLOLOL

DreamLeviathan

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 26 11 View Post
you've obviously never tried the tribunal you're just another kid that can't get in and see that you have to go through the trouble of waiting a minute then typing a capatcha it's not just a button bro... the score says a lot sometimes you don't have to even read it all just a glance into the mid game chat is enough
...Apparently, sometimes you don't even need to read all of a post, either.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

03-10-2012

Actually, I had to punish 100% of my cases thus far.

Would be over 200%, if I could punish not reported teammates.

It's annoying...but yeah, I'm afraid I haven't met one guy in tribunal yet who didn't deserve to be punished.

Rotom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

in my experience it's an accurate figure (i'm at a little over 95% punishes and read every case)

vocal minority thinks they're perfect and can't accept that they're just scum though

Swaen

03-10-2012

I've begun pardoning every single non gameplay related offense like verbal or offensive language, I check every gameplay offense in depth, read it through and look at previous games.

You can ignore what somebody says in the game with the handy ignore function, you cannot however ignore what they do with anything.

Flitch

03-10-2012

i've pardoned about 75% of my reviewed cases. mostly i pardon "unskilled play" and "intentional feeding" - because in chat log you can tell if the accused was trying or defending himself or if he was indeed trolling - and it was a fault of the matchmaking, not the accused. I almost always punish verbal abuse though if indeed it is offensive.

The reporting in the community should focus more on "toxic" attitudes and less on "we lost - report our worst player"

Dricenticore

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflitch View Post
The reporting in the community should focus more on "toxic" attitudes and less on "we lost - report our worst player"
Suppose the upshot of this is that after we systematically ban 1/10 players per game, all that will be left is M5 and CLG and we can watch them stream 12 hours a day while we drink vodka and think about how nice it was when people played this game for fun.

Swaen

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflitch View Post
i've pardoned about 75% of my reviewed cases. mostly i pardon "unskilled play" and "intentional feeding" - because in chat log you can tell if the accused was trying or defending himself or if he was indeed trolling - and it was a fault of the matchmaking, not the accused. I almost always punish verbal abuse though if indeed it is offensive.

There is an "Ignore" Function, you should remember that whenever you oversee ANY verbal reports, was it a one time outburst that somebody may very well have earned? Pardon, Was it a neverending slew of cusswords and racial slurs? Punish, in some cases, and still keep in mind the ignore function exists.

The true toxic thing in the community right now is our refusal to grow up and use the ignore function when somebody says something offensive, we should not punish those players that passionately want the game to be competetive and sometimes take their insults a step too far because of it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

I think 94% is a bit high. I pardon at least 2 people whenever I do tribunal. There are so many rage reports and silly tattle tale type ****.