K Riot, seriously... About the lore.

12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiseRyouta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

The lore is the reason why I started to like Yorick a lot when he was believed to be underpowered. D:

I heard that they don't have many staff in the lore department now? What a pity because the lore adds a lot of interesting elements to the game.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2012

It seriously does seem like any ******* can get into league now. Before it seemed like they had to be important irl...

The League is kinda ****ty morally speaking. I mean Nautilus is a tortured soul and they are like "tee hee, he'd be AWESOME in the fields of justice! lets not find help for him"

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjurant View Post
they got rid of it because they didn't like the way that the summoner spotlight whatever things they were (i can't remember the name) because they didn't fit most of the characters, and how htey got into the league. so they wanted to remake how they 'got' into the league and tell it in a different lorey way.

or something. i can't remember exact wordy.
I know they did... Why would I start a thread without knowing everything about what I'm complaining about...

Doesn't matter if not all champs fit in the lore when its given to us.

What would you prefer, few champions included in lore? Or no champions at all? Because right now, it's none at all, and I prefer having some of them than absolutely NOTHING....

And even a lore 'remake' takes forever... When you think of Riot, you think of a mob of people acting fast and dangerously... Riot should rename their company to something like "Break". Or maybe "Vacation"... Not trying to be mean here, but everything we expect from Riot takes 'forever'...

I love their game so much, but they don't deliver everything needed for such a great game... Seriously, I could care less if not ALL champions were included in lore... How are you gonna fit 93 champions in 1 newsletter? Seriously...

Not to mention that it would be messed up, they'd forcefully connect each champion to a certain event or location, even if they have nothing to do with each other, like someplace as secluded as the Shadow Isles, would have something to do with Bilgewater, that makes no sense, just give us an insight on what's going on in a few places... We don't care if ALL champs are in it or not, just give us SOMETHING!!! I'M BORED!!!

xzarion

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
i dont understand why people actually care about lore in video games. it's always amateur as hell. go read a good book if you want interesting storytelling.
If you can find a book about League of Legends champions, please point it out.

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiseRyouta View Post
The lore is the reason why I started to like Yorick a lot when he was believed to be underpowered. D:

I heard that they don't have many staff in the lore department now? What a pity because the lore adds a lot of interesting elements to the game.
I don't think they quit, more like they got fired...

Riot Higher-Ups: "LORE DEPARTMENT, Y U NO MAKE MONEY FROM LORE?!"

Lore Team: "Well, it's actually hard to include all champions to please everyone, so until we find a solution, we keep things steady with the Journal of Justice and League Judgement's."

Riot Higher-Ups: "NO! INCLUDE THEM ALL OR YOU'RE FIRED!"

Lore Team: "If we include them all it would be confusing and-..."

Riot Higher-Ups: "YOU'RE ALL FIRED!"

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzarion View Post
If you can find a book about League of Legends champions, please point it out.
This.

Zcilla

03-10-2012

Do you remember the Ionia vs Noxus match?
Now is like... tournament this weekend and thats all the "exciting" stuff besides the patch day and new champ (without lore of course). That rutine is the kind of stuff that makes people tired of things so fast.

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilga View Post
It seriously does seem like any ******* can get into league now. Before it seemed like they had to be important irl...

The League is kinda ****ty morally speaking. I mean Nautilus is a tortured soul and they are like "tee hee, he'd be AWESOME in the fields of justice! lets not find help for him"
I KNOW RIGHT?!

Seriously, if people read the past judgement's from the released champions, they'd see they have much more character than the bland, boring, noob champions we get now...

Nautilus was the WORST!... "I got stuck underwater, I DNA digivolved with my scuba suit and now I'm a monster hurr durr, Can I join the league?"

Ahri, "I want to be human, but I can't haz sexy body I know! I'll steal souls from a random battle that no one knows about and starting with this half-dead, 'special' summoner who somehow turns me into a human just from being near him "

Like seriously...

I miss the old catch phrase...

"How does it feel? Exposing your mind..."

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
i dont understand why people actually care about lore in video games. it's always amateur as hell. go read a good book if you want interesting storytelling.
Typical amateur gamer.

Your comment made me lol, then made me pity you, and now I'm about to forget all about you once your comment's hidden

Celebi

Recruiter

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternated View Post
riot said its limiting their champion idea creation, but somehow its making new champion lore popping out nowhere

and i want more event like ionia vs noxus again

game without lore is not fun, you cant imagine whats going to happen on next story
Game = Story.

Game without story = Boring Game that's just a hobby you will get over in 1 week because of how boring it is.

12345612 ... 33