If you stopped playing Dominion, would you stop playing lol?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

I know that personally, if I quit Dominion i'd be done with LoL altogether. I can never go back to SR so this is it for me and I bet there's others out there that are getting frustrated with how Riot is handling Dominion and I wanna know, if you quit Dom would that be it for your LoL days?

TLR

If Riot doesn't get off their asses and work on Dominion would you consider qutting LoL altogether?

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Yes, if I quit Dominion, I would stop playing LoL.

SR isn't fun for me.

On that note, I would probably keep playing Dominion until it gets removed or I'm the last Dominion player.

Aehron

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
I know that personally, if I quit Dominion i'd be done with LoL altogether. I can never go back to SR so this is it for me and I bet there's others out there that are getting frustrated with how Riot is handling Dominion and I wanna know, if you quit Dom would that be it for your LoL days?

TL:DR

If Riot doesn't get off their asses and work on Dominion would you consider qutting LoL altogether?
Stupid phone app... I meant to up vote, not down vote. Sorry. I agree with you.

IronAegis

03-06-2012

I think that'd probably be it for me. Originally I played all SR (got a few hundred games under my belt) but quite frankly the mode is just too **** long. I don't want to spend 20 minutes dancing with minions and not actually pushing on the enemy because LOLATTACKINGISSTUPID.

The meta as it stands in SR is just awful. I like playing support, but the current iteration of support is stand next to a carry who gets all the gold, kills, and glory and while you smash your face on the heal button so you don't go completely insane.

Dominion has issues too, no doubt, but I feel like a lot of the problems I had with SR are alleviated. Have trolls? They're gone in 20 min. AFKer? They're gone in 20 min. Terrible team? See a pattern here? Listening to idiots type expletives at eachother while you desperately attempt to carry an awful team for 50 min only to finally lose isn't compelling gameplay, and it isn't fun.

Viktoree

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragon View Post
Yes, if I quit Dominion, I would stop playing LoL.

SR isn't fun for me.

On that note, I would probably keep playing Dominion until it gets removed or I'm the last Dominion player.
I bet we'll see lots of people post here who would quit, and this topic does have a point. If Riot doesn't give Dominion any love they're just going to straight up start losing players because people want this style of game and not the SR style.

Wake up Riot

FDru

03-06-2012

I played something like 800 Co-Op vs AI games just to make SR tolerable, it was like a painful addiction. But laning and last hitting for half the game is incredibly boring. Dominion saved LoL for me. Never going back to SR, bots or otherwise.

Geryth

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
I bet we'll see lots of people post here who would quit, and this topic does have a point. If Riot doesn't give Dominion any love they're just going to straight up start losing players because people want this style of game and not the SR style.

Wake up Riot
I think Dominion's player base has been shrinking for a while. I would never go back to SR, so if I ever had reason to stop playing Dominion, I would be done with LoL. And that's not such a far off possibility, the Dominion experience has been degrading for me lately and I think it's because of the small and shrinking player base. Riot really needs to give it some love.

Elalya

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
I think that'd probably be it for me. Originally I played all SR (got a few hundred games under my belt) but quite frankly the mode is just too **** long. I don't want to spend 20 minutes dancing with minions and not actually pushing on the enemy because LOLATTACKINGISSTUPID.

The meta as it stands in SR is just awful. I like playing support, but the current iteration of support is stand next to a carry who gets all the gold, kills, and glory and while you smash your face on the heal button so you don't go completely insane.

Dominion has issues too, no doubt, but I feel like a lot of the problems I had with SR are alleviated. Have trolls? They're gone in 20 min. AFKer? They're gone in 20 min. Terrible team? See a pattern here? Listening to idiots type expletives at eachother while you desperately attempt to carry an awful team for 50 min only to finally lose isn't compelling gameplay, and it isn't fun.
Support carries bottom lane.

Just saying.

If all you're doing is standing behind your carry and mashing your heal, you're doing it wrong.

Viktoree

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geryth View Post
I think Dominion's player base has been shrinking for a while. I would never go back to SR, so if I ever had reason to stop playing Dominion, I would be done with LoL. And that's not such a far off possibility, the Dominion experience has been degrading for me lately and I think it's because of the small and shrinking player base. Riot really needs to give it some love.
Riot has really messed this up so far and I'm personally sick and tired of working on growing the community and getting no support for them. The thread on the main board had 430+ upvotes and 79 pages and not a single Riot comment.

Why even release a new game type (notice how i didn't say map, this isn't SR junior - TT) and then give it no love. You said you spent a year working on it, if you're just giving up on it then it's wasted time.

Riot, I can you just straight up losing the majority of the Dominion playerbase altogether, so GG on wasting a year making a mode YOU don't care about and then taking a chunk out of YOUR OWN playerbase. Who woulda thought Riot's own worst enemy would be themselves.

Signed,

FED UP

dazzel

03-06-2012

dominion or gtfo.

12345 ... 9