Free Week needs new rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jestaheim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeigzalar View Post
That would work if there was a massive group of people who don't get the hang of the game. But there isn't, so it doesn't work.
I had heard of karthus before I had heard of LoL. I wanted to have him, but he wasn't on his free week when I began. What did I do? I watched the summoner showcase to make sure out would be a playstyle I'd be interested in using. Then I used taric and annie (they were free my first week), and farmed up enough for karthus. That was my first purchase with ip, and he's my main. Hadn't had a free week since I made my account either.

Here's one of many ways to have a good start, that doesn't require riot to reduce prices.
yea i get what you are saying and i do understand why Riot does it. When i first started playing volibear and riven were both free to play and i started with them. I didnt et a chance to learn to play with a basic champ like ashe or cait. I get that Riot wants them t help low lvl players but they should either make a playlist for people who are underlvl 10 play and no one higher so that you could learn how to play easy champs and still get ip to buy better champs.

Nahele

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyTehTr0ll View Post
yea i get what you are saying and i do understand why Riot does it. When i first started playing volibear and riven were both free to play and i started with them. I didnt et a chance to learn to play with a basic champ like ashe or cait. I get that Riot wants them t help low lvl players but they should either make a playlist for people who are underlvl 10 play and no one higher so that you could learn how to play easy champs and still get ip to buy better champs.
This is why and i will say it again cause no one has seemed to acknowledge it yet.... But i say give all the 450/Recommended champs to players for free. I say this cause i doubt anyone spends RP on them at least if they have a brain... So meaning they make little to no money on the champs themselves.. Actually it might help them boost their skin sales even more for those champs.

holden147

03-01-2012

My suggestion is pretty simple. 'Reserve' 6-7 slots each week for easy to play/new player friendly champs and use the remaining 3-4 spots as a set rotation of new champs giving everyone the opportunity to play every champ during free week every 5-6 months. The new players get good champs to learn on and the vets get an opportunity to try champions on a semi-regular basis.

lnnovation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Yeah. But it's also not that good.

Nahele

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden147 View Post
My suggestion is pretty simple. 'Reserve' 6-7 slots each week for easy to play/new player friendly champs and use the remaining 3-4 spots as a set rotation of new champs giving everyone the opportunity to play every champ during free week every 5-6 months. The new players get good champs to learn on and the vets get an opportunity to try champions on a semi-regular basis.
While a good suggestion it think it would better for only 4 for new players. Cause newer players are less likely to buy champs with RP... And i also wouldnt say a set rotation just something to make sure no champ appears to much before other champs have an appearance.

Nahele

03-01-2012

huh seems that post made me a senior member... Or is it time based?

holden147

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahele View Post
While a good suggestion it think it would better for only 4 for new players. Cause newer players are less likely to buy champs with RP... And i also wouldnt say a set rotation just something to make sure no champ appears to much before other champs have an appearance.
Well it's just a rough idea honestly lol. But I figure something along the lines of "dedicated" new player friendly slots (however many) would be a good way of allowing vets and new guys a way to get the most out of the experience.

Jestaheim

03-01-2012

i like the idea of having a dedicated slot of newbie champs. I would say that they should put 3 champs in each for a new player such as yi, ashe, tryn and the like and that leaves the 7 other slots for champs people actually want to play. and for god sakes make rumble free. he hasnt been free in the whole time ive ever played this game.

Nahele

03-01-2012

I remember him being free a long time ago.. hasnt been for sometime now..

Phistagon

03-01-2012

it would be nice if the free champions were different for each player, and you couldnt have a free champ if you already owned him. this would prevent having the same free champions all week long in every one of your games.

but lets be honest, it is about maximising profit