Free Week needs new rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vhdblood

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltoke View Post
Ashe is their excuse to put fewer/cheap champs on rotation so they don't have to put as many expensive ones, that way people are more inclined to spend $$$ on RP.
League is free to play. They have to make their money somehow. As far as I've seen, the champion rotation isn't too bad, and now they're announcing price cuts on some of the old champions.

Having 450 champs is clearly meant for new players to be able to find and buy some champions that they can continue to play. Riot could have easily not had any champions under 1350, and I don't think anyone would be batting an eye.

YouTubeAlistar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-01-2012

450 champs are there for levels 1-10

Savagemang

03-01-2012

You are all missing the point of the free rotation. Its to let new players have a taste of as much as they can. They want to have tanks, mages, supports and ranged characters all available every week so that they can grab more people to continue playing. The reason some champs are there more than others is because there aren't as many of one type as another so they reuse those lesser numbered roll champs more often.

KaiserUchiha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

I do belive that when you start playing riot should let you play any 450 champ for free until like lvl 10 or something so that you can get a hang of the game. Then once you hit lvl 10 you can use your ip to either buy some of the 450 champs you liked or save up for the 1350 or 3150 champs. its not fair that people get to play the same champs over and over cause they dont know how to use anyone else. And if riot wanted to really let newbies play good they would just give them tryndafag cause he is the most broken champ ever and takes almost no skill.

Nahele

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyTehTr0ll View Post
I do belive that when you start playing riot should let you play any 450 champ for free until like lvl 10 or something so that you can get a hang of the game. Then once you hit lvl 10 you can use your ip to either buy some of the 450 champs you liked or save up for the 1350 or 3150 champs. its not fair that people get to play the same champs over and over cause they dont know how to use anyone else. And if riot wanted to really let newbies play good they would just give them tryndafag cause he is the most broken champ ever and takes almost no skill.
Thats kinda why i figured it would just be easier to give all 450 champs to new players free.. It would like i said take allot of the champs who appear way to much out of the equation.

Zeigzalar

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyTehTr0ll View Post
That would work if there was a massive group of people who don't get the hang of the game. But there isn't, so it doesn't work.
I had heard of karthus before I had heard of LoL. I wanted to have him, but he wasn't on his free week when I began. What did I do? I watched the summoner showcase to make sure out would be a playstyle I'd be interested in using. Then I used taric and annie (they were free my first week), and farmed up enough for karthus. That was my first purchase with ip, and he's my main. Hadn't had a free week since I made my account either.

Here's one of many ways to have a good start, that doesn't require riot to reduce prices.

Icetonic

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahele View Post
Ok i dont know about all of you but i am tired of seeing 450 IP champs in there.. Also seeing some champs in there over and over and over like cait.

I think we need to BAN all 450 IP champs from being in it.. And add a new rule that a champ can not appear more than 2 or 3 times without EVERY and i mean EVERY champ appearing at least once...

Or something..Anything so we stop seeing some of the same champs in there every other week just about... Ash and Cait are in it WAY to often... Please try giving other champs more love... Like i cant remember the last time i say Galio in the line up.. Is he played allot no... But that dosent mean he shouldnt be in it...

Cause while my opinion on what should be done differs i know allot share the same opinion in the fact some champs appear WAY to much while others get almost no love other than once a year so it seems.
They do this so that there is a good variety of players, and it is focused on the low lvled summoners. THey use ash so much because she is a simple ranged ad. People have to get used to the ash before they can move onto more difficult ad carries like vayne

Nahele

03-01-2012

vayne isnt that much harder than ash >.< other than perfecting i forget what one it is byt the ability that can pin a champ to the wall.. And while i havent tried all the champs i am sure there are other easy ones to use who are rarely in the rotation.

Swiftblood

03-01-2012

Hate when my main champs go on free rotation, makes it harder to get them in draft or normal play ;(

Nahele

03-01-2012

I know right >.< but again a little off topic