Yorick help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

02-26-2012

Tiamat is ****. Yorick has no problem cleaning lanes.

And the build I posted is aggresive. Starting with a tear is not.

Building mana regen on Dominion is a waste, and Yorick already has a source of HP regen that you level first.

PhreakInfinity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Tiamat is ****. Yorick has no problem cleaning lanes.

And the build I posted is aggresive. Starting with a tear is not.

Building mana regen on Dominion is a waste, and Yorick already has a source of HP regen that you level first.
Agression in this instance is more of a comparative measure. Yorick by nature is a bit aggressive however if your suggesting Prospectors and boots allows harder harass than Pickax and boots you are sorely mistaken.

ishtarz

02-26-2012

I had a great game with Yorick on saturday.

I always start meki, 1 health, 1 mana. Then I do the following build

tear>boots>gc>merc or manamune>merc or manamune>

Depending on how things are going I might finish into FH, or get some MR or built a TF

air primo

02-26-2012

how good is sheen, people like it for burst, it any good?

Carados

02-26-2012

Sheen, and later Trinity, are 100% core on Yorick, no matter the map.

d4l3kcaan

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtarz View Post
I had a great game with Yorick on saturday.

I always start meki, 1 health, 1 mana. Then I do the following build

tear>boots>gc>merc or manamune>merc or manamune>

Depending on how things are going I might finish into FH, or get some MR or built a TF
my thoughts, but i start with boots, 1 red, 2 blue

i love frozen heart on yorick

Carados

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4l3kcaan View Post
my thoughts, but i start with boots, 1 red, 2 blue

i love frozen heart on yorick
Anyone who Manamune is core on, Frozen Heart is also core on.

If you build Manamune on Yorick (IE: SR) you want a Frozen Heart.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

02-27-2012

With the right masteries and runes(the way i use them), combined with ionian boots and glacial shroud, gets me at 39.89% cdr. Ghoulspam incoming.

My cookiecutter build for SR: Manamune, Ionian boots, these 2 are first. Unless there is a reason i can't finish them because of...(insert reason).

From there on early glacial. Frozen heart very late. The mana increases by 75, the cdr increases me over the limit. The item is too expensive for the stats it would give me, so leaving it there for a long while.

Then, the other items are FoN and Triforce. Now i'm running around with 474 ms, and >530 when Q'd. As long as there is something to whack, only the double PD people are able to catch up. Sheen can be built early, but if you're having a hard time with magic harass, get that negatron first.

6th item is situational.

As yorick it's important to zone the enemy as early as possible, but NEVER push the lane. This is actually quite hard as W and E can target minions by accident pushing the lane. If you push too hard and the enemy is under the turret you are actually in a bad situation. Yorick's minions will chase an enemy, and guess who gets turret agro for that? Yorick. So yorick can't towerdive properly, unless he's planning on losing a lot of health.

Bottomline, don't push, zone agressive. Push when you have the advantage and a few stacks on manamune/tear so you can let the ghouls do the harass under the turret. (as long as they do, you can't approach turret safely)