Would you like voice chat in league of legends

yes 110 83.97%
no 11 8.40%
only in ranked games 10 7.63%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

voice chat for lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burning Idol

Junior Member

02-15-2012

The only problem is upholding the summoners code AND rIOt has the extra bandwidth to deal with. More money equals more problems. Game is pretty stable as is they have to pay FOR HUGE BANDWIDTH and patches can mess up more.

All in all if I was rIOT I would make people use teamspeak, vent, and skype. Best business move and that means the game doesnt go away because of all of us wanting more bandwidth to yell at eachotehr
.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommo020788

Senior Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Idol View Post
The only problem is upholding the summoners code AND rIOt has the extra bandwidth to deal with. More money equals more problems. Game is pretty stable as is they have to pay FOR HUGE BANDWIDTH and patches can mess up more.

All in all if I was rIOT I would make people use teamspeak, vent, and skype. Best business move and that means the game doesnt go away because of all of us wanting more bandwidth to yell at eachotehr
.
Very good point.
I had not thought that through.
It has taken a VERY long time for RIOT to get their act together with bandwidth problems, so throwing another addition to the strain, could cause more harm than good right now.

An alternative to this, could be like you suggested.
RIOT could create some kind of DLL Plugin for team speak, or vent, or one of the popular programs.
This way, they could still come up with some way to automate the ability to talk to each other, without having to use up their own server bandwidth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnork

Member

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Idol View Post
The only problem is upholding the summoners code AND rIOt has the extra bandwidth to deal with. More money equals more problems. Game is pretty stable as is they have to pay FOR HUGE BANDWIDTH and patches can mess up more.

All in all if I was rIOT I would make people use teamspeak, vent, and skype. Best business move and that means the game doesnt go away because of all of us wanting more bandwidth to yell at eachotehr
.
Part of running a business is keeping up with the competition so HON which has voice chat should motivate the makers of LOL to step it up. If they decide that making voice chat is to taxing on the server they can make it only in ranked games see how that works and decide to step it up if it goes well. or charge a small monthly fee if they decide the current bandwidth is not enough. They would still have to come up for some way to maintain all the servers they would need for all of the millions of people that play lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommo020788

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Bump! :d


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnork

Member

02-16-2012

What we really need voice chat for is for dominion that game type is so intense that i think for any kind of coordination between teammates that voice chat is essential.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommo020788

Senior Member

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnork View Post
What we really need voice chat for is for dominion that game type is so intense that i think for any kind of coordination between teammates that voice chat is essential.
True... It is that fast paced, that if you type, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage
in dominion, you pretty much can't waste any time at all, because if you do, you loose points.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommo020788

Senior Member

02-18-2012

Bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnork

Member

02-18-2012

and some voice chat in twisted treeline would be useful


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephamous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnork View Post
and some voice chat in twisted treeline would be useful
Voice chat in all modes would be nice. It shouldn't be very difficult once riot gets voice chat up for summoners rift to put it into other game modes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnork

Member

02-18-2012

Bump