Why Heimerdinger is an Important Hero to Have...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derceto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatroxx View Post
Nerfing Heimerdinger is not the answer. The solution is to not attack a heavily fortified position with only Evelynn at half life. Heimerdinger adds a new type of hero to League of Legends, and in my opinion it is gladly welcomed. More different styles of heroes are good for the game. If the only heroes that existed were assassins the game would not be a whole lot of fun. If you added nukes the game would be better, but not as good as having assassins, carries, nukes, tanks, supporting heroes, and other types of heroes. Learn to play with and against new types of heroes like Heimerdinger and the game becomes much more enjoyable.
Couldnt agree more! i love him, the very fact that he is a new type of hero adds A LOT more strategy in the game, and generally this is why people whine so much. They fail to adapt and fail to realize that they should adjust their playing style so they call it OP and QQ. Heimdinger is a great addition to the game.

Yeorwned

10-18-2009

His name is Captain Hamburger. Get it right.

Highborne

10-18-2009

How do you beat a team.

Soraka + Heimer + Zilean in mid (pushing at level 5-6)?

How, please tell me this.

Once they get a tower down, you cannot beat them back in any way, it is 100% impossible.

The game is broken until they just delete Heimerdinger as it is breaking the game.

Skrag

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongotunadreg View Post
All you need is Corki, his rockets DESTROY turrets.
Speaking as a player who's been playing corki a LOT recently, with an AP build..

I have to respectfully say that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

5-6 rockets + flash bomb is about what it takes to take out a single turret group.

I can kill most heroes with less than that for hell's sake.

Altaran

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
+1
+3, Only if you have a Heimdinger on both sides it can be fun against him! He ****s up early game for his opponents.

Edit: Like the guy below me quoted.

slapjap

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTown View Post
You miss the point entirely. Not too many people are claiming that he is OP. I tend to disagree with the ones who are. Its that he makes games passive and boring, and if you don't blind pick a hard counter then you can pretty much forget about pushing that lane till 30 minutes in.

I don't like playing against steath heroes either my friend. I don't care to play against CM who I also feel is annoying, but these are at least viable heroes that fit in with the game as a whole.

No-one likes a camper and thats what he does. Camp. Lame and boring. THAT'S the problem. Lame and boring.
This guys knows ^.

Maytrows

10-19-2009

I just came of a match with Heimdinger and it just took the fun out of the game completly. Ive meet him before and while annoying he is still beatable. Not so this time mainly becuase he teamed up with Alistar, his ability to heal (+ inervating locket) every ever so often meant even though our entire team tried to get rid of ther towers it didnt work. We had a Heimdinger of our own plus Nasus plus Corki, even if they all used their attacks on the turretcluster they were healed instantly. This and the fact that we had to defend with more people then they attacked with meant thet could outfarm and outpush us on other lanes.
If the remove him or makes the turrets unhealble by others, I don't know whats best.
To me he destroys the flow of the game and limits your options as a team making the game less adaptable. Some say that he changes the heroes people select but you dont need a hero as Heimdinger to do that.
I think what annoys me the most though is that heimdingers tactics are so easy to use and hard to counter that frustrates me the most.

Loasted

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytrows View Post
I just came of a match with Heimdinger and it just took the fun out of the game completly. Ive meet him before and while annoying he is still beatable. Not so this time mainly becuase he teamed up with Alistar, his ability to heal (+ inervating locket) every ever so often meant even though our entire team tried to get rid of ther towers it didnt work. We had a Heimdinger of our own plus Nasus plus Corki, even if they all used their attacks on the turretcluster they were healed instantly. This and the fact that we had to defend with more people then they attacked with meant thet could outfarm and outpush us on other lanes.
If the remove him or makes the turrets unhealble by others, I don't know whats best.
To me he destroys the flow of the game and limits your options as a team making the game less adaptable. Some say that he changes the heroes people select but you dont need a hero as Heimdinger to do that.
I think what annoys me the most though is that heimdingers tactics are so easy to use and hard to counter that frustrates me the most.

Alistair shouldn't be able to heal the turrets.

CyberMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

The reason Heimdinger is so popular with us defensive players is because he can stop a 5 player gank in its tracks. Every game I've lost is because the other team started 5 player ganking my team early on, resulting in a meaningless struggle for survival. Games are decided by who had the best start, making the rest of the game just a waste of time. On the other hand, with Heimdinger, my team has a chance to regroup. Apparently, because this is hurting the "pros" who are so used to winning by an easy 5 team gank win, people are starting to complain. Why can't you guys give noobs a chance? Everybody has their own playstyle, and for newbies who can't play aggressively, Heimdinger is what is making the game fun. I am sure there is a way to counter Heimdinger, because I have not lost a game against another team with him. Heimdinger balances this "all-aggressive" game a defensive side, and we just need to accept this and move on.

Lockedbob

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
The reason Heimdinger is so popular with us defensive players is because he can stop a 5 player gank in its tracks. Every game I've lost is because the other team started 5 player ganking my team early on, resulting in a meaningless struggle for survival. Games are decided by who had the best start, making the rest of the game just a waste of time. On the other hand, with Heimdinger, my team has a chance to regroup. Apparently, because this is hurting the "pros" who are so used to winning by an easy 5 team gank win, people are starting to complain. Why can't you guys give noobs a chance? Everybody has their own playstyle, and for newbies who can't play aggressively, Heimdinger is what is making the game fun. I am sure there is a way to counter Heimdinger, because I have not lost a game against another team with him. Heimdinger balances this "all-aggressive" game a defensive side, and we just need to accept this and move on.
qft. Wait until you discover the offensive side of the afro dude.