Is this obvious? I haven't played Dominion in a while

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v4v3nd3774

Senior Member

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
Stop folling yourselves. AD+Auto Attack+Ad Speed+A Little Life steal will trump you AP ulti+ combo. You over extend on that tower to clear waves. Sorry Annie, Xin comes from the bushes....GG. You wont even scratch him..
So you're saying when an AD assassin has the jump on a squishy AP he can cc her till she dies? Wow, the more you know..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defendi

Senior Member

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4v3nd3774 View Post
So you're saying when an AD assassin has the jump on a squishy AP he can cc her till she dies? Wow, the more you know..
Nope. I mean ANY AD. With Life steal and attack speed can do this. Most APs cannot solo or escape without their ulti on demand. This really isn't an issue in SR simply because most encounters are all in between cool downs (which is why no one plays are fears an Annie). But in dom if any AP walks off that ledge to clear waves--they drop their combo on the assailant and if the target isn't below 20% or dead the caster will be left just standing their auto attacking hopeing for something to come back off CD because his life steal will undo a majority of the damage you just dealt at them. I have done it myself--non assassin. Urgot, Udyr, Eve, Riven, Nasus, Jaxx, Vayne, Silv. All they need is an on hit slowing effect and its gg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imwetoddid

Senior Member

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
Sorry Annie, Xin comes from the bushes....GG. You wont even scratch him..
...people still play Annie and Xin Zhao?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mibuwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
Nope. I mean ANY AD. With Life steal and attack speed can do this. Most APs cannot solo or escape without their ulti on demand. This really isn't an issue in SR simply because most encounters are all in between cool downs (which is why no one plays are fears an Annie). But in dom if any AP walks off that ledge to clear waves--they drop their combo on the assailant and if the target isn't below 20% or dead the caster will be left just standing their auto attacking hopeing for something to come back off CD because his life steal will undo a majority of the damage you just dealt at them. I have done it myself--non assassin. Urgot, Udyr, Eve, Riven, Nasus, Jaxx, Vayne, Silv. All they need is an on hit slowing effect and its gg.
Most APs, maybe; however there are plenty available that can do quite well against AD champs. I don't usually vary in all the AP champs I have available to me, but I typically will use: AP shaco, Ahri, Kassadin, Morgana?, Ryze (flash would help, but not mandatory).

Any other AP carried can just use flash and probably be ok. Buy a rylais and everything is ok. Going against a AD certainly isn't impossible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Testing Water

Junior Member

02-11-2012

I have seen some really good Brand players. He really does not need his Ult to 1v1 since his cool downs are so low.

They typically get Morello's Tome or its components, Sorc Boots and Hextech Eyeball. They really kite those ADs quite well with the Q stun and can interrupt multiple capture attempts with W or E.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-11-2012

I see plenty of AP and AP do equally awesome. As it is, I seem to actually favor AP champs on Dominion, with the exception of Riven.

-My tank of choice is Maokai, and if things are going my way, I am an unmovable boulder of a tree.
-My ranged "AD" of choice is Kog'maw, which I build hybrid and do more magic damage than physical. Things get digested, very quickly.
-I have pushed bot lane as Lux so hard I wound up capturing the Drill too.
-Fizz can become preposterously hard to kill, and I never sacrifice damage potential or even build lifestseal while doing so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whi

Senior Member

02-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paldain View Post
AD is way too powerful on Dominion. Casters can barely keep up, yet there is a map-wide Armor penetration buff ?!?!? Someone tell me they plan to fix this or a really good reason Riot only wants AD played on this map.
This is like saying Carry is too OP in SR. Chams have different roles that's all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paldain

Recruiter

02-12-2012

Some of you say that you can counter AD with thornmail or stacking armor. This is a fast game mode, where dying should be very common. If this is true then everyone besides tanks should be building to deal damage. Thornmail is so easily countered by life steal, and if you build any bit tanky on AP champions, you lose your damage and will not catch up as the game goes on (the exception from Ryze). Cooldowns on AP for dominion are too long to kill or get away from any AD with a gap closer or any form of CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
This is like saying Carry is too OP in SR. Chams have different roles that's all.
This is exactly what I think every time someone complains about AD casters being too strong on Dominion.

And guess what? A team of 5 AD casters would get rolled by a balanced team with AD and AP damage, and proper CC.

AD Casters are the important class in Dominion, just like Carrys in SR (And if the game goes on long enough, Carrys will just roll an entire team on dominion too.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makestro

Senior Member

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
those items which there is not Aura to penetrate for 15%, right?
there is armor that reduces attack speed you know right? those items are better on dominion for the dominion buff alone.


123