One More Chance to Enter the Art of Revelry Contest!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouLoseAllRings

02-10-2012

This is extremely unfair to the people who put so much time and effort into their drawing just to meet the deadline. I'm sure many people had to submit the picture without being completely satisfied with it and now you go and extend it? Terrible idea Riot.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Longer waiting? Blehhhhh I was looking forward to seeing the winnersss!

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

02-10-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleh View Post
Are we allowed to fix up our previous entry(s) and re-submit them?
Yep! This is a contest extension, so fix up if you need to, but be sure to resubmit if your entry might have been caught in the EMAIL VOID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slymerz View Post
can you buy the LoL headsets? or is it just for this contest?
You can buy A30 or A40 headsets and customize your own speaker tags to be LoL-ish if you like! That's exactly what we did for ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarbles View Post
Wait. Should I resubmit my picture if I never got a confirmation email? I'm still worried about that.
Yep! Send it back in.

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

02-10-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne View Post
I don't think its very fair to those who worked hard to get it done on time and those who followed the deadline
I completely understand the frustration. I'd like to explain in brief the severity of the circumstance that led to a contest extension. Normally, we would NOT do such a thing, but when the contests inbox bugged out on the submission date, a LOT of those people who worked to the bone may have submitted their entries and had them rejected. Instead of judging an incomplete contest and overlooking entries unfairly, we're giving everyone the chance to resubmit and have their entry be seen. Imagine if your entry was one of the ones that went missing, and your effort was for naught. With so many incredible entries, we couldn't stand the thought of some being unable to participate due to our own error.

We raised the prize pool with even more incredible stuff, which means people have a BETTER chance of winning something rad. We over doubled the amount of people we're awarding, with an extra 35 fans who will get Riot Points and awesome peripherals. Offering an extension is to make sure we safely received all entries and allow even more chances for each to win. Total, 70 people are sure to get a prize in this contest, and from the entries we've seen so far, they definitely deserve it. 27 winners was just not enough, especially when we might have missed some.

I apologize that this situation is frustrating, but the choice was made with fairness in mind. I hope you understand, and good luck!

Forbiddendeath87

02-10-2012

Posting under nikasaur RAWR!

addBäcøn

02-10-2012

Woah Woah Tigers... Im sure they've already chosen their Final small handful out of the already... what was it... 3,500 submissions... mmmm'kay. If your lady friend/ or you worked hard on it, if it was chosen by the choosing peoples, i'm sure this wont allow it to be - not chosen anymore.
Infact, all I can see is, more winners can now be chosen. Duuuuudes. Just Chill.

I worked days on mine. total = about 16hours. For an artist... this isn't a lot of time for something that you may win something awesome for.
Be THANKFUL to RIOT for putting on competitions like this.

I can see how stretching out the deadline to a new date could be annoying, but seriously?
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

drkpanda

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVK47 View Post
Woah Woah Tigers... Im sure they've already chosen their Final small handful out of the already... what was it... 3,500 submissions... mmmm'kay. If your lady friend/ or you worked hard on it, if it was chosen by the choosing peoples, i'm sure this wont allow it to be - not chosen anymore.
Infact, all I can see is, more winners can now be chosen. Duuuuudes. Just Chill.

I worked days on mine. total = about 16hours. For an artist... this isn't a lot of time for something that you may win something awesome for.
Be THANKFUL to RIOT for putting on competitions like this.

I can see how stretching out the deadline to a new date could be annoying, but seriously?
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS
Okay, maybe you didn't work that hard on yours, but I'm pretty sure my gf can't be the only one who worked more than 50 (we lost count at that point) hours on hers. So for the people who took time out of their schedule and got really excited to create something great for this, it really blows. It makes us kinda lose a lot of faith in riot and not want to put our all into future contests, imo. :/

Noctrune

02-10-2012

OMG YESSS !! I LOVE YOU NIKASUAR ! -runs back to work station-

KnightIX

02-10-2012

I'm glad that other people are getting second chances, but what about for people like me? Literally was blood sweat and tears, since of that papercut, are you telling me that the feeling of accomplishment I got when barely making deadline was fake?

DrTemptragon

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
I completely understand the frustration. I'd like to explain in brief the severity of the circumstance that led to a contest extension. Normally, we would NOT do such a thing, but when the contests inbox bugged out on the submission date, a LOT of those people who worked to the bone may have submitted their entries and had them rejected. Instead of judging an incomplete contest and overlooking entries unfairly, we're giving everyone the chance to resubmit and have their entry be seen. Imagine if your entry was one of the ones that went missing, and your effort was for naught. With so many incredible entries, we couldn't stand the thought of some being unable to participate due to our own error.

I apologize that this situation is frustrating, but the choice was made with fairness in mind. I hope you understand, and good luck!
Okay, fair enough I suppose. The question is, why are you only telling us now, when most people were expecting the results to be announced yesterday or today? It would've been nice to know this was a possibility a week ago.

EDIT: Or, you know, you could've told us that in your opening post. Maybe then people wouldn't be so upset? I like you guys, normally, but some more communication would have helped enormously this time.

Oh, and AVK47? 16 hours is nothing compared to what some people worked. Literal days went into some entries. And if they have picked the winners out already, why would they bother having an extension?