Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMundungu

02-10-2012

I get tear early in Dominion just to start early-charging for that AA after Rabadon's or just a NLR, on champs with lowish cd times and bad mana hunger. Hasn't failed me yet (though I use Ryze and Sona quite often).
I'm not sure about Manamune (though it isn't BAD on Jax or Kayle or Skarner, there's just better options AFAIK).

EDIT: And Karthus. Karthus likes his Tear on Dominion.

Dark Magician

02-10-2012

I go for RoA due to the fact it gives mana/hp/ap which allow survivability for lots of AP champs and ap tanks. So putting a lesser form of it would be nice. Did go manamune for blitz earlier but the time and cost for it wasn't worth it compared to rushing tri. Oh by the way, large mana pool is still necessary for some champs.

Bonabon

02-10-2012

The only champions I'll usually get it on are Ryze and Sona. It basically gives Sona all the mana she'll ever need, and she's constantly spamming her abilities as is.

Blitzcrank is another possible choice, though I don't know how early I would get it on him. I feel like it would make him a bit too squishy to get it too early.

Panwar

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
Blitzcrank is another possible choice, though I don't know how early I would get it on him. I feel like it would make him a bit too squishy to get it too early.
It does. But the trade off is that you have more tank later in the game.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMundungu View Post

^^

Panwar

02-10-2012

Quote:
You know, I used to always start tear on Karthus, But I had my best game last night starting Catalyst and then rushing RoA and Ryalai's. Did excellent damage and didn't explode at a sideways glance from Tryndamere.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Tear is huge win for Ryze in Dominion. Never running out of mana. I also use tear for Sona. QWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWEQWE!

InglouriousCobb

02-10-2012

Tear works great on Urgot.

ProSauce VT

02-10-2012

Quote:
I'm not sure about Manamune (though it isn't BAD on Jax or Kayle or Skarner, there's just better options AFAIK).
Manamune is a solid AD item for anyone with mana. You never it see because people wont leave there meta gained from SR as well as the fact it would require people to do basic math ratios.

To get you started:
Consider that on a Caitlyn, with 3830g, she can buy a Manamune and a B.F. Sword and have 70g leftover. Now for this example we will exclude any runes/masteries/possible auras and to to simplify things, Caitlyn will be Level 10 and Manamune will have only 80 stacks on it; meaning with the B.F. Sword she has an additional 85 AD.

I leave the rest to you.

DoctorEvolution

02-10-2012

Tear is great, just you can't put it on every character and expect results.

On Ryze I usually get it to 600-800, keep it as a tear.
On Karthus, usually max it out, build an AA, though as people mentioned there may be better item choices. Depends whether I am bot or top with Karthus, though I don't think Karthus is that good going top.
Also great on Yorick and maybe Urgot as mentioned.

Basically there is a requirement to have a spamable skill shot for it to be good in general or to have a character that scales in some way with mana.

So if I were to list some:
Anivia (though better starting choices exist, better characters exist too)
Blitzcrank (Manamune, thought skills aren't that spamable, better item choices exist)
Cassiopeia (skills are spamable, though you would sacrifice some of the strong early game that makes cass strong)
Cho'Gath (cool downs are probably too long, RoA is probably way better)
Corki (manamune, possibly viable, for the first 6 minutes his skills have the most damage output)
Ezreal (manamune, possibly viable, though ez doesn't really have mana problems)
Heimerdinger (better starting item choices exist, his cool downs aren't that spamable)
Karthus (100 mana before game starts makes it viable)
Kassadin (I don't think its that viable unless you are charging up your R to do 900 damage by the time you get to top, half the time there's nobody there for you to drop it on).
Ryze (strongest item, if the game will last longer than 12 minutes)
Sivir (almost viable, but stronger choices exist)
Swain (gains more survivability from RoA, could work well?)
Sona (Sheen is a far better choice)