Post Patch Patcher Problems [4P]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ev1ld33n

12-27-2011

Why go through all that? I found the file that the patcher was sticking on, moved it out the folder and the patcher just ran an update replacing it with a newer version. Problem solved in a few seconds.

antonyxatz

01-10-2012

worked! thanx

VialsOfVile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Fixing Post Patch Patcher Problems

Patcher Stuck at 33% / 99%, Other general solutions

Often times a patches will sometimes take longer than expected to unpack, this will sometimes display as a patcher "stuck" on 99% or a different file or level even when the patcher is still working. Please make sure you've giving the patcher ample time to complete before deciding it's frozen. Other potential solutions to this issue include:

1. Make sure that lol.launcher.exe is listed as an exception in your firewall, incomplete downloads or blocked downloads can cause the patcher to get stuck on certain files.
2. Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus software, especially for anti-virus software, after a patch it may no longer recognize your old LoL executables as safe (this is doubly true for non-mainstream (not Norton/McAfee) antivirus software).
3. Click on the two gears in the upper right of the patcher window and try the repair option.

Patchers with with this error or either of the error messages above are sometimes caused by corrupted download files. If this is the case you can try:

1. Reinstalling LoL, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends - it can be a pain, but it should work right away. If you want a faster solution try,
2. Deleting your patch temp files. Located in YOURINSTALLPATH\RADS\downloads\releases\live\proje cts\lol_game_cl ient\releases - delete the numbered folder inside and try repatching.

As always, if you feel like your issue isn't covered here or you need more help, please feel free to post a thread in the forums or submit a ticket directly to Riot Support Staff at http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new

I've been having problems with this patch. I've tried running these 3 steps because I've been stuck on both 33 and 99% for the Ziggs patch (Using Windows 7 64 bit). I go to the start menu to search for my RADS folder but one doesn't even exist. Wutdo?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-01-2012

Hund,

Either you're searching in the wrong drive, or the search program you're using is having an issue.

The default location should be c:/riotgames but depending on your hard drive setup and how you installed the game it could be elsewhere.

You may want to try running through manually and looking for the folder.

Tauncel

02-07-2012

ok problem. launcher wont start. reinstalled game a dozen times or more. only problem spotted during the install process is the message that it can not install direct x. of course there is some logic to that since it is already installed. even gone so far as to reinstall windows itself ( windows xp. and this took a bloody long time since it needed to do all its updates after the install.) i have \down loaded the game with the firewall completely turned off. with it uninstalled. i have removed the reccomended files and retried and started fresh. over and over again. and i still fail to get the launcher to even open. just a blinking logo then gone. i have gotten the 0.xcooooooo6 ( i dont have it open so dont know how many 0's there were) and never get past it. I have about reached my limit. how about a solution that works? if it is not the 06 error it is the rads error. a shame i really really enjoyed this game. but i think it might be time to cut my losses and move on if a solution is not found soon

Chiivolution

02-09-2012

I tried this to no avail. I keep getting this error:
http://gyazo.com/0f47eb26f298a7094b8...png?1328815064
and I don't know which log is the one it refers to

one problem I am having besides my game is no tech support at the moment. I am running low on patients for reinstalling the game 5 times... its just becoming a hassle to keep LoL working...

Corrupted

02-09-2012

How about the RAD's error, alot of people are having problems with opening the patcher including me. I cant play my favorite game.

Chiivolution

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
How about the RAD's error, alot of people are having problems with opening the patcher including me. I cant play my favorite game.
srry for sounding newbish but where are they found at?

Trowa Kinsworn

02-25-2012

amazing. I have had an issues connection due to my pc telling me I had a Firewall up even when It was disabled.

I changed from my current DNS "4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2" to the Google DNS and its working again awesome. This would explain why it was so intermittent

VaChinaa

02-26-2012

Hey guys I am stuck at 99%, but I am not stuck like most people (where they get stuck at a specific bit being downloaded eg. (char name) 2345)
What happens to me is that I get to 99% and it says 1 min remaining, after 1 min it starts again adding another min or 2, it does this constantly.
I waited for about 10 mins then left.
Now.... am I meant to wait for it longer or am I meant to try repair, re-install etc?