Apparently I'm bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yakbutter

07-22-2010

I am convinced that my games are much worse, and less fun, than pre-season games were... I feel like the overall quality of my team mates has dropped considerably. Is there a "sewage pipe" effect? If I am playing in the 1200 bracket, are all the newbs being dumped on my head like sewage from a gushing sewer pipe? The people in 1300's are free and clear of the scum that is the brand new sucky players, but the people in the 1200's are constantly being bombarded with terrible players...

My other theory is that games are much more one sided simply due to the draft system??

Gorchek

07-22-2010

guys guys i'm still trying to figure out why a guy going 1/5/1 means i deserve to lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakbutter View Post
I am convinced that my games are much worse, and less fun, than pre-season games were... I feel like the overall quality of my team mates has dropped considerably. Is there a "sewage pipe" effect? If I am playing in the 1200 bracket, are all the newbs being dumped on my head like sewage from a gushing sewer pipe? The people in 1300's are free and clear of the scum that is the brand new sucky players, but the people in the 1200's are constantly being bombarded with terrible players...

My other theory is that games are much more one sided simply due to the draft system??
I think the only thing to do is wait a month for the bads to go down to 1000 while you tank it out at 1200 :/

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-22-2010

..maybe team games aren't your thing...

Gorchek

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMammoth View Post
I have not experienced this problem, but I haven't played that many games yet. I'm 3-1 on this account and 5-0 on Bubble Slime, and I've only solo queued and not picked those champions.

You missed the point of those other threads, though. Individual games can be lost due to luck - no one is denying that. But over enough time, luck pretty much evens out. If you lose 1 game to bad luck, OK, that's bad luck. If you lose 10 games to bad luck in a row... Well, I guess it's conceivably possible. If your rating drops to 900 due to "bad luck"... then you're probably actually bad.
well I'm not 900, but the way I see it is:

let's assume i had a leaver

I lost that game solely beacause of him

assuming a +/- 18 points per game, if I were, say, 1250, shouldn't I have been 1286? 1278 at the very least

so I'd be a 1286 player, not a 1250 player

and that's just one game, there's so many more, and it spirals out of control

Am I super-pro? hell no. but the kind of people I'm getting matched with will take ages to go below me