Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 150 15.97%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 331 35.25%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 458 48.78%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajiuran

02-06-2012

Perhaps Riot will consider staggering SR and Dominion Seasons, such that each one will happen during the other's off season. Confusing, but I'd rather not wait another 10 months for Season 3's launch. Now, when is Season Two going to end? D=

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajiuran View Post
Perhaps Riot will consider staggering SR and Dominion Seasons, such that each one will happen during the other's off season. Confusing, but I'd rather not wait another 10 months for Season 3's launch. Now, when is Season Two going to end? D=
I kinda like this idea because it would prevent one from overshadowing the other in the competitive community. While it is true SR is the main show and well likely always be the main show it would be nice to get Dominion a legitimacy of its own.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

I think they created dominion with the intention of creating a sidegame. It backfired they realize people generally play one OR the other. They dont like that, and they have to choose one. of course they will choose SR

Annaed

02-07-2012

it would be fantastic if we could hear some news from riot about this subject!

CyrisAeon

02-07-2012

Riot, please give us ranked. Dom is more fun the SR, and I'm sick of not being able to grind up a Ranking. I'm going to move on unless I feel I'm playing against people who are actively trying to ladder.

Squire Spruce

02-07-2012

I think that dominion is slowly replacing 3v3 as a more intense version of this game. Games are quicker if you are on a tight schedule, you don't spend time walking to the lanes, it gives global/ long range ults more satisfaction and a higher sense of skill, the health/speed/power&shield buffs create a ton of decisions to be made, and I think that solo queue is a ton of fun on dominion where it's often stressful in 5v5 (really just my opinion). Anyways, those are my thoughts. I don't usually post on forums, but I really think dominion should be ranked.

Skeeep

02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
well, i'm not going to kick anyone, but i am a little curious to see what others think at the office.
I seriously don't think you give a fk about Dominion. I think you are the only red that posts here because it is your job. If 2 or more reds posted in these forums I would think that Dom had a snowball's chance in hell of ever being taken seriously by Riot. I see zero evidence that the character balance problem of Map A vs Map B is ever going to be addressed, thus Dominion will never be a ranked mod.

Sealpup

02-12-2012

Dominion has been so much fun, but it has gone stale now.

After 1800+, the matchups are one of these:

During peak hours:
You will be matched with roughly even ELO teams on both ends, a mixture of solo/duo/trio.
You are matched against 2200+ trio/quad queue teams, your team get smashed 400-0, sometimes you put up a valiant fight but no cigar.

During non-peak hours:
You occasionally get even ELO teams on both ends, rarer now.
You get a lot of you are 1800+ but they are 1500 on your team, some queued Dominion by mistake.

This get old after a while. Save us, Riot.

If you cannot enable ranked, at least limit queue members to duo max.

Yaladilae

02-13-2012

The way I see it is like this:

TT is not balanced as well as Dom is in right now, and they have ranked.
Unless RIOT will admit bringing out ranked on TT is a mistake...

So ready or not, is not the right question, but the question should be a question of what ranked will bring into the Dom community, in my 2 cents

CyrisAeon

02-14-2012

Bump.