I feel like I'm being FORCED to ban kassadin, Rammus, Poppy and Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Encouraging

02-04-2012

Part of the problem is that in normal dominion draft, banning Rammus, Poppy, Kassasin, Shaco, or Yorick will result in someone leaving part way through.

You almost get fewer good games per hour, especially when you consider how frequently dominion games start with someone disconnected before the map loads.

There should be a ban -> blind pick mode so that people can get rid of those champions right away without spending a few minutes picking only to have one of the last few picks leave, or leavers from draft need to be banned from draft for an extra 10 minutes to encourage them to play blind pick.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Poppy rammus kass yorick wukong shaco. There's your 6 bans.

Kalarepa

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
I'm more afraid of Ryze than half of those champs.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
I'm more afraid of Ryze than half of those champs.
only one I'd switch out would be shaco. hextech sweeper ruins shaco.

RealWolf M

02-05-2012

people ban shaco and poppy?

Even yorick is kind of meh, he's so beatable if you put your mind to it

MVpmack

02-05-2012

Poppy's a reasonable ban, Yorick is a reasonable ban, both are counterable. Rammus is definitely a problem, as is Kassadin; both are counterable but you can't counter the ability to cross the entire map in seconds.

If you're having problems with Yorick or Poppy, I'm not sure how you got to 1800 elo. Yorick's counters are pretty well-known now and Poppy has always been beatable, especially for CC-heavy teams.

Prometheius

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
Mantheon and Ryze have a field day.

SoSalty

02-05-2012

I like how everyone in the thread keeps saying Yorick can be countered, but no one mentions a single counter to him.

Prometheius

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
I like how everyone in the thread keeps saying Yorick can be countered, but no one mentions a single counter to him.
Tanky pushers or high range, mainly. Cassiopea can kite him around and nuke his ghouls fast. Morde, once built a little, can easily go toe to toe with him. Soraka can point defend all day and wreck his ghouls fast.

I've seen Maokais with some a little AP defend their points and counter push Yorick rather easily. I've used Graves and Sivir to great effect against Yorick too.

Heimerdinger sucks, though. His turrets get wrecked by ghoul swarm.

SoSalty

02-05-2012

The best counter I personally have ever seen is Tryndamere. After a certain point, you cannot even trade deaths. Mocking Shout screws up ghoul damage.