PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemona View Post
it was a truly underrated item...insanely cost worthy.
i really wish they would bring it back
I agree. Istill don't understand why they couldn't leave Stark's in and just add Zeke's. No red afaik has posted about that.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

All I know is so many people liked it. I sure did. I'm really feeling its loss. It's like a huge gaping hole has emerged in the itemization for tanky dps since this change.

It was a recommended item on tanky dps for a reason.

Ras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Mundo just isn't the same....

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

See and the thing is, this is not some random qq. I Iegitimately miss this item and think a lot of people do as well. I'm just surprised that RIOT is for the most part ignoring this issue. There are so many threads about this it isn't funny. Just do advanced search, click on search title, then type in "Stark's" and click search. Prepare to be amazed at the sheer amount of threads on this topic.

Siegfryd

02-04-2012

Phreak was right and he explained it later on in that thread if you read it, you're probably the same kind of person who thought that the old pink Malady was good.

kingphillip

02-04-2012

It will forever be missed like the Inverting Locket.

The Atk speed and Lifesteal it gave was nice, and the armor reduction was a nice bonus.

Dirge Farum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

I likewise miss Stark's Fervor. I mean, I only built in on my Support (back a long time ago when I did play Master Yi I likewise built it on him), but even so it benefitted my whole team with awesome buffs while likewise debuffing my enemy. That was always great. (Playing Janna) I'd finish my Lv2 Boots, HoG and then Shurelia's, then look at the team comp/battle so far and decide: Do I want Aegis first or would it benefit more to get Stark's. Now it's just build Aegis, then Shroud, then, idk, Will of the Ancients or Abyssal Scepter depending on what might be more handy to the team.

Heck, if I need the health, I might as well buy a Banshee's Veil instead, cause then I can just survive CC better or pop Ashe/Caitlyn/ect Ults from hitting my teammates.

I just can't seem to justify building Zeke's Herald on Janna when I already have Shurelia's/Lv2 Boots/HoG->Soul Shroud/Aegis then WotA/Abyssal Scepter/Banshee's Veil/Wards.

tl:dr - I don't find a need for Zeke's Herald on my Support anymore as other things seem more useful.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
Phreak was right and he explained it later on in that thread if you read it, you're probably the same kind of person who thought that the old pink Malady was good.
Of course I read it. And I think that he is wrong. If he wanted a Stark's version that was for supports, great! I support (teehee pun) that. But I do not support the removal of Stark's from the game and that is what happened. It's so strange to me that they did it the way they did without simply making a new item. Instead they ruined another item which was meant for different things in order to make an item that is meant for a totally different role.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

As Dirge pointed out, even supports themselves think this was a bad change. Alot of them feel the old Stark's was better even as a support item. I mean hell, for an extra 400 gold you get waaaay better stats than Zeke's.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Farum View Post
I likewise miss Stark's Fervor. I mean, I only built in on my Support (back a long time ago when I did play Master Yi I likewise built it on him), but even so it benefitted my whole team with awesome buffs while likewise debuffing my enemy. That was always great. (Playing Janna) I'd finish my Lv2 Boots, HoG and then Shurelia's, then look at the team comp/battle so far and decide: Do I want Aegis first or would it benefit more to get Stark's. Now it's just build Aegis, then Shroud, then, idk, Will of the Ancients or Abyssal Scepter depending on what might be more handy to the team.

Heck, if I need the health, I might as well buy a Banshee's Veil instead, cause then I can just survive CC better or pop Ashe/Caitlyn/ect Ults from hitting my teammates.

I just can't seem to justify building Zeke's Herald on Janna when I already have Shurelia's/Lv2 Boots/HoG->Soul Shroud/Aegis then WotA/Abyssal Scepter/Banshee's Veil/Wards.

tl:dr - I don't find a need for Zeke's Herald on my Support anymore as other things seem more useful.
I mean c'mon now. From the mouth of a support even. Stark's was just simply better. Better for supports and better for tanky dps.