Stop starting Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

oh but i can start charging it up right away

No. Stop it.

oh but i can build it into an archangel's staff later and i hear that's really good

No. It's not.

Starting Tear on Dominion is functionally equivalent to not starting with any items at all. Stop doing it.

reticuli

02-01-2012

Nah dude, it has major uses.

For example, you can get it + boots. You cannot get catalyst + boots at the start.

On someone like Ezreal, you can play ultra aggressive. Wouldn't recommend dropping cash into manamune, but the tear is worth its gold if you take advantage of its regen. You can take top, and only go back after you have like 3k gold and get a bf sword, and bam you caught up.

Shaxtenn

02-01-2012

I love seeing someone in bot lane start with boots + tear. I know they'll do no damage, so I just jump on them at level 4. Instant advantage.

urmamasllama

02-01-2012

no one needs tear on dom not even urgot cassi or yorick

(excepting ryze ofc)

Whi

02-01-2012

Ryze needs tear for sure.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
For example, you can get it + boots. You cannot get catalyst + boots at the start.
Catalyst is about infinity times more useful than Tear.

Tear does nothing but let you cast more spells, which you shouldn't even need unless you keep missing with the mana regen buff already in place. It doesn't increase your damage, it doesn't increase your survivability, it doesn't even make you a sandwich.

Basoosh

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
I love seeing someone in bot lane start with boots + tear. I know they'll do no damage, so I just jump on them at level 4. Instant advantage.
I especially love doing this to an opposing Ryze. They thought they'd have a nice little passive lane where they could sit around and charge up their Tear. Instead they're either dead or too low to get near the creeps.

Evelynn Butt

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
Ryze needs tear for sure.
Not to start with he doesn't!

lbgsloan

02-01-2012

Even on Ryze, catalyst start is safer against good players.

I would absolutely not buy tear on anyone else. RoA is a better rush item on any mage, and Manamune is never needed on Dominion.

Ascleph

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man View Post
Tear does nothing but let you cast more spells, which you shouldn't even need unless you keep missing with the mana regen buff already in place. It doesn't increase your damage, it doesn't increase your survivability, it doesn't even make you a sandwich.
Upgrading to a manamune doesnt really take much time at all, AA is another story though.