I believe purple side is at a disadvantage

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mnballa

01-31-2012

@fleshpenant playing locked is playing like a noob. I've done both its a little harder to play moving the screen but it gets easier the more you play and eventually you can be just as good. I suggest playing 10 games unlocked and you will be fine from then on out.

OneMeterWeiner

01-31-2012

I agree with the op. I wish there was an option to have the camera behind my champ all the time.

Mr Geppetto

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
no
locked is more effective
I don't understand
First you say that you have a disadvantage because you play with locked camera
Then you say that locked camera is better

Why be so closed-minded, just try playing unlocked
SPACE re-centers your camera instantly, nor is Y that far from the home row
What do you have to lose

PS to my knowledge most competitive players consider purple side to be at an intrinsic advantage

CodyLamy

01-31-2012

I completly agree purple is really quite anoying

Fleshpenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Geppetto View Post
I don't understand
First you say that you have a disadvantage because you play with locked camera
Then you say that locked camera is better

Why be so closed-minded, just try playing unlocked
SPACE re-centers your camera instantly, nor is Y that far from the home row
What do you have to lose

PS to my knowledge most competitive players consider purple side to be at an intrinsic advantage
blue side is already at an advantage because bottom can take the double gollums at the start of the match before the jangler gets to them.
my argument is not about locked or unlocked camera... people are allowed the choice to play with either that is the point. its not close-minded of me playing with locked. i could just as easily say it is close minded that everyone else plays unlocked. maybe your resolution is smaller perhaps that is why you use unlocked. I have tried using unlocked, i just dont like it.
my point is that for both methods, the game should remain balanced. what one fellow said about a horizontal map makes perfect sense. dominion and twisted treeline are perfectly balanced in that sense, no matter which side you start on has no impact on anything, which is exactly how it should be

Krabsoukkary

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
blue side is already at an advantage because bottom can take the double gollums at the start of the match before the jangler gets to them.
Alright, well the purple team's top laner can steal blue if they are ahead. Most top champions are tanky enough or have decent escapes so that it would be a rather fast operation. I consider buffs more important than an earlier lvl 2 + 50 gold.

DoctorEvolution

01-31-2012

Purple team's top lane in my opinion is slighly more exposed to ganks with the triangle and river bush. Come to think of it, even with wards I tend to get ganked a lot less successfully when on the blue side.
I find 2vs1 top on blue side a lot easier than the purple side. Though thats a lot rarer these days.

On the topic at hand, I agree that even though some champs benefit from locked screens, you can just turn it on when needed.

Fleshpenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabsoukkary View Post
Alright, well the purple team's top laner can steal blue if they are ahead. Most top champions are tanky enough or have decent escapes so that it would be a rather fast operation. I consider buffs more important than an earlier lvl 2 + 50 gold.
either way, you are agreeing that the sides are not balanced, yes?

DreamwalkerLin

02-01-2012

I don't get what you mean, if you're on bot and having larger vision upwards is good, then isn't it logical to say if you're top having more downward vision is good? I man you'd want to spot what's coming from the enemy side not yours

ALCapwnn

02-01-2012

What ever happened to games like Super Castlevania 4? The controls are ****, every level is ****, the enemies are ****... but you learn to adapt and overcome the difficulty? I've never had any distinct advantage blue vs. purple. Sure, you can get double golems, but is the 50-70g that big of a game changer? Is the sight on dragon or baron compromised by being on the top right vs the bot left? Who cares? Why is this a thread. Take others advice: unlock and play like everyone else. If you don't want to do that, then suck it up and play with the disadvantage. Or quit. We'll miss you.

1234567 ... 10