@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBusker

01-31-2012

Tryndamere's a pretty cool guy, and I'm glad he is.

KiakinBloodz

01-31-2012

Medusa264

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We have one: Brolaf.
You're wrong.

Its corporate mundo

Quinnfamous

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
I hate to be a wet blanket, but you do realize Tyrndamere that you gave a non-answer exactly like the ambassador did, right? Were you showing the ambassador exactly how to answer without answering the question? I'll fill in his questions with your answers behind them..

Didn't actually answer his question, did you?

Again, didn't actually answer his question. Is the ability to read and comprehend what you read not a requirement to be a riot employee? The example you just set leads one to believe it is not. I totally get that an answer along the lines of "they cost the same because people spend RP on them anyway so why would we change anything, we are a company out to make a profit?" isn't a very "community centric approach", but at least it's an honest answer.

We'll give you a half point for this one.

Look Marc, I totally get you want to take a community-centric approach, my question is do you think answering questions like a politician does during a press conference is really a "community-centric approach"? You avoided accepting the premise of the question and answered a question that wasn't asked who's premise you were willing to accept.

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but wouldn't taking a "community centric approach" mean you would have, you know, answered his actual questions. What you did was worse then what the ambassador did. You criticized the ambassador for not answering questions and then proceeded to not answer the questions yourself. Were you showing him/her how he/she should to give a non-answer-answer?
Except what you used as the answer for Point 3 was actually very relevant to the 4800 IP part..

Zhoulton

01-31-2012

Now think about how embarrassed the beard is now...poor guy.

Archmage Ilmryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post

We don't want to open the door even in the slightest to "selling power" in PvP.
This is what makes LoL the only f2p game I'm actually willing to spend money on.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-31-2012
31 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashrack View Post
I understand everything you said and to be honest, this is exactly the kind of response I was expecting. My point is: Why didn't you say so 6 months ago?Why was the thread closed without a response? That's the kind of thing that makes people think about conspiracies.
Because we're human and have been busy building the company to spread LOL around the world to enable awesome global tournaments and hiring lots of talented developers to help improve the game.

But - someone in the thread recommended doing a regular Q&A session - and we're going to get that going, so hopefully that will help!

Exxod

01-31-2012

Proof RIOT cares: The freakin' President was up until 10 PM talking to us on a Monday night, and he's already back at 8 AM the next day.

The Borracho

01-31-2012

Tryn what kind of breakfast did you have this morning?
I need to know so I can be as awesome as you :P

DoctorMic

01-31-2012

Trynd, not that I (and everyone else here) don't appreciate you responding a lot to all of these questions. But as president of Riot Games I would assume that at 8AM you would have quite a bit of work to do. What would your mother say if she knew you were delaying your workload to talk to your friends online?