@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

basod

01-31-2012

I hope The Beard doesn't get reprimanded too harshly as he has been generally a good ambassador for Riot. This is a slip up yes, but everyone makes mistakes at work. I feel he deserves another chance.

Atlanis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Seeing the huge number of red posts in here (27 0.o) is heartening, to say the least.

Lets Abort

01-31-2012

Tryndamere have you guys put any thought into selling runes in the marketplace for RP? I mean it seems like a silly thing to pay for with real money, but sometimes I feel that I would be happy to purchase them myself rather than grind out 2k IP for a single quintessence. You could sell single runes or rune bundles that include either 9x marks, seals, and glyphs and 3x quints.

A pack of 9 marks could cost about 300RP whereas a pack of 3x quints could cost anywhere from 200-500RP based on their original IP costs. Just a thought?

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-31-2012
29 of 39 Riot Posts

You guys all care about League of Legends - it's why you're here on our forums talking about the game.

We know this and we care just as much (if not more - after all, it's what we do all day long and our careers revolve around it). You want to know you are heard - and believe me, we hear you.

Everyone at Riot has sat where you sit, as fans of a particular online game that wants to help make it better.

One of the #1 things you guys can do to help us make the game better is to help improve the community and being positive. Whether it be being a great judge in the tribunal, to being friendly in all of your games, to writing strategy guides or talking on the forums - community is the heart and soul of League of Legends and anything you guys can do to help us here is hugely appreciated.

We'll be rolling out some additional (and very cool) community programs this year - but there's no need to wait when you can all get started today.

Pay it forward if you love LOL!

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-31-2012
30 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Abort View Post
Tryndamere have you guys put any thought into selling runes in the marketplace for RP? I mean it seems like a silly thing to pay for with real money, but sometimes I feel that I would be happy to purchase them myself rather than grind out 2k IP for a single quintessence. You could sell single runes or rune bundles that include either 9x marks, seals, and glyphs and 3x quints.

A pack of 9 marks could cost about 300RP whereas a pack of 3x quints could cost anywhere from 200-500RP based on their original IP costs. Just a thought?
Yes, we've thought about it and decided against it.

We don't want to open the door even in the slightest to "selling power" in PvP.

Gentoon

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
You guys all care about League of Legends - it's why you're here on our forums talking about the game.

We know this and we care just as much. You want to know you are heard - and believe me, we hear you.

Everyone at Riot has sat where you sit, as fans of a particular online game that wants to help make it better.

One of the #1 things you guys can do to help us make the game better is to help improve the community and being positive. Whether it be being a great judge in the tribunal, to being friendly in all of your games, to writing strategy guides or talking on the forums - community is the heart and soul of League of Legends and anything you guys can do to help us here is hugely appreciated.

We'll be rolling out some additional (and very cool) community programs this year - but there's no need to wait when you can all get started today.

Pay it forward if you love LOL!
Yes! This just about CONFIRMS that there will be a new trundle skin in the next two patches or sooner!

Thanks tryndamere!

Also thanks again for stepping up and being extremely visible to the public. That's what made me fall in love with Riot way back when.

DeathsTouch5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Not to get off topic or anything Trynd....

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ︻┳═一 ┻━┻

But this table is gunna get it if patch notes dont come out sooneish.

FireZ42

01-31-2012

Why are rune pages so expensive? If I ever reach 6300 IP I cave into buying a champ and stuck having to decide what to play with only 2 pages.

Ikarurob

01-31-2012

i think the selling power bit comes from the tremendous amount of smurf accounts.

lvl 1 with full rune pages, could seriously turn off new players that dont know what to do.

redluigi11

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Hey guys, just saw this post and the response from our "Riot Ambassador" - and a allow me to clarify a couple things:

1. We take our community interaction extremely seriously and this red response is completely unacceptable.
2. The "Ambassador" program will be on hold while we re-evaluate our personnel selection and training criteria to ensure that responses like this that do not reflect Riot's community-centric approach do not happen again.
3. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all of Riot for such a poorly thought out reply from our Ambassador to a legitimate question, and rest assured we will resolve the situation.

In regards to the original question:
- Since April of last year, we've reduced the IP prices on nearly 20 champions
- We will continue to lower IP prices on champions in the future and have a number of additional reductions in the works
- We haven't ruled out any of the IP price points you have mentioned for new champions, but we like the adoption rate of champions that we see at the 6300 price point, although that is only one of the criteria that we use to determine prices

As with everything, we appreciate your guys feedback and will continue to pay close attention to this issue.
this is why i like you you don't try to hid stuff good to hear this anyways