At what hidden Elo are players considered "better than average"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

I ask this question because I see this all the time

"Oh, we lost because his elo was X."

So i'm just wondering from the dominion community's perspective, at what point does your elo somewhat negate the above statement. I know we all have a bad game now and again...and again....and again >.>. But it just bothers me to have a hidden stat label someone as competent or incompetent, especially if you have only played 1 match with said person.

Bad games happen!

Edit: Think My Elo, LAST I checked, was 1834. Not Great, not Terrible. Have had a string of bad games

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

I've actually found worse and more obnoxious teammates at 1.5k-1.6k elo than when I was lower... atleast they are not banning akali as much as before, I guess.

JamesLeBoss

01-30-2012

Bot lane doesn't exist until 1600+ Elo, so people below 1600 probably wont have any idea of how the game should be played

Prometheius

01-30-2012

Doesn't exist at 1.7-1.8 either. Still get stupid people who pick burst assassins and stack defense with zero damage expecting to be worth something, or double to triple assassin teams.

dredzach

01-30-2012

100 elo makes a huge difference.

300 elo differences are why you see that one guy go 10-20 kills with no deaths in a game.

seattlebadboy

01-30-2012

i randomly got from 1200 to 1400 but lost 7 times in a row and back down to 1300ish, picking random champs every time doesn't help, but its fun.

iProbie

01-30-2012

do you gain different elo from blind pick compared to draft?
I only play blind pick because a lot of people said the queue time for draft is hella long

DivineBovine

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iProbie View Post
do you gain elo from blind pick as well?
I only play blind pick because a lot of people said the queue time for draft is hella long

I tend to only play draft mode, but I've been dipping my toes in the BLind Pick water as well. But i tend to get must worse players, attitude wise, in blind Pick.

RealWolf M

01-30-2012

if they are under 2300 ELO, they may be bad.

Just a general warning

WaterD103

01-30-2012

At 1401 you are better than average