@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninjakrew

01-30-2012

UPDATE! We have won! Celebrate, hugs all around! Thanks Tynd for taking the time to answer questions and show awareness to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Hey guys, just saw this post and the response from our "Riot Ambassador" - and a allow me to clarify a couple things:

1. We take our community interaction extremely seriously and this red response is completely unacceptable.
2. The "Ambassador" program will be on hold while we re-evaluate our personnel selection and training criteria to ensure that responses like this that do not reflect Riot's community-centric approach do not happen again.
3. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all of Riot for such a poorly thought out reply from our Ambassador to a legitimate question, and rest assured we will resolve the situation.

In regards to the original question:
- Since April of last year, we've reduced the IP prices on nearly 20 champions
- We will continue to lower IP prices on champions in the future and have a number of additional reductions in the works
- We haven't ruled out any of the IP price points you have mentioned for new champions, but we like the adoption rate of champions that we see at the 6300 price point, although that is only one of the criteria that we use to determine prices

As with everything, we appreciate your guys feedback and will continue to pay close attention to this issue.

A lot of people are getting confused and think I'm expecting Riot to lower champion prices. I however, am not. I'm simply asking questions for myself, and the community who have been seeking answers and have yet to get a response.

I was wondering if you could find out and ask a few questions (marketing team) or who ever deals with the whole IP release, reductions etc.

1. What happened to the 4800 IP range? Was this scraped, or is there plans for this in the future?

2. Why do 3150 IP cost the same RP as 6300? Will this be changed?

3. Any plans for IP reductions on current champions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Hello Ninjakrew, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard
I'm having troubles finding these posts http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t%20Ambassador

Care to point me in the right direction? Also on a side note, why did your response sound like automated message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvr302 View Post
Hmmm, how can I avoid answering this question? I got it, point them to other threads that have no answers.
^^^Pretty much this. I was looking for an actual response.

I think it's pretty clear people want a answer Riot.

Keep this thread alive - they can't ignore us forever!!! ok..ok...maybe they can BUT WE CAN TRY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
We have shaved his Beard.

That is all.
I'm so sorry beardless man.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

1: THere will be probably be more in the future.
2: Unlikely.

Eyeburn

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakrew View Post
I was wondering if you could find out and ask a few questions (marketing team) or who ever deals with the whole IP release, reductions etc.

1. What happened to the 4800 IP range? Was this scraped, or is there plans for this in the future?

1. Scrapped
2. $
3. lol

Ninjakrew

01-30-2012

What a horrible response. Are you some kind of robot?

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-30-2012
1 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakrew View Post

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard

magicblitz

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
you havent answered any of the existing threads

Teemo Support GG

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
I've seen lots of thread on its, tis true, has there actually been a semi recent(like past few months o.O) red response on the bigger ones though?

Bestfomert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Oh god.. i hate it when they completely ignore the question and talk about something else -_-

Jame Gumb

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
Hmmm, how can I avoid answering this question? I got it, point them to other threads that have no answers.

Troblems

01-30-2012

Quote:

-The Beard
Usually I think Riot does a great job in dealing with these types of posts. This sadly is not one of them.