Hablar Engles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoRdJuGgErNaUtX

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzping View Post
Instead of making a new server maybe a service that will translate spanish into english if you do not speak both languages. Additionally Mexico is defiantly part of North America.
haha ok seriously mexico is central america. go back to middle school people and take geography. secondly do you realize how expensive and hard it would be to create a translator on a game? i for one dont know of any mmo (note i didnt add rpg) that has a translator do you? finally plz do somethin for me. go onto GOOGLE. type in traslator. try the first one that pops up. type in a very long sentence in english and translate it to spanish. now have a mexican read it. i guarantee alot of it wont make sense. and that is the best technology we have out there. this request is rediuclous

clickbang

01-29-2012

I found this relevant to the discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxE3B4Wy0w

Sixpkabs

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRdJuGgErNaUtX View Post
haha ok seriously mexico is central america. go back to middle school people and take geography. secondly do you realize how expensive and hard it would be to create a translator on a game? i for one dont know of any mmo (note i didnt add rpg) that has a translator do you? finally plz do somethin for me. go onto GOOGLE. type in traslator. try the first one that pops up. type in a very long sentence in english and translate it to spanish. now have a mexican read it. i guarantee alot of it wont make sense. and that is the best technology we have out there. this request is rediuclous
The North American Free Trade Agreement(NAFTA), that Bill Clinton passed in '94 includes Canada and Mexico,ergo Mexico is in North America

I think you are the one that needs to go back to school.

Kize

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrSSo View Post
In case you didn't know Mexico is part of north America and there is a huge population of spanish-speakers living in the USA. Making a south american server wouldn't solve the issue. So you better start learning spanish bro.
Wouldn't it be better location-wise anyway to place a server in SA?

Also, I'm pretty sure TS is talking about people in Southern-Central America + South America as a whole.

They're a large group of the population in the North American serversthat do not speak English; it'd be beneficial for both English and non-english speakers to create a South American server.

Language barriers are a huge problem in team-communication.

nin10donerd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

why not just fix matchmaking to compose teams by language?

Boredpayne

01-29-2012

Several facts that you're kind of overlooking here, champs:

1. Mexico is part of North America.
2. Mexico's official language is Spanish. English is not even recognized as a language.

If you did not know this, you have my formal recommendation that you retake the 4th grade.

The servers are for North America, Mexico is part of that; Mexicans have every right to speak their national language, stop being stupid and blaming Mexicans for it.

Edit: hey, idiots, Central America is part of North America.

shadowgift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

north america= United states, Canada and Mexico
official main language:
u.s: english
canada: english and french
mexico: spanish

Boredpayne

01-29-2012

No. North America is the entire Northern subcontinent of the Americas.
That means the entirety of Central America (the "tail" down to South America), the Caribbean, and Greenland.
Did you guys seriously think North America is made up of just the 3 countries in NAFTA?

shadowgift

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin10donerd View Post
why not just fix matchmaking to compose teams by language?
only because lol offer to the north american player only one language : english. so the french and spanish ppl have their game in english

shadowgift

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
No. North America is the entire Northern subcontinent of the Americas.
That means the entirety of Central America (the "tail" down to South America), the Caribbean, and Greenland.
Did you guys seriously think North America is made up of just the 3 countries in NAFTA?
greenland is a part of danemark, nobody really know if its a part of europe or america