Urgot counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

01-28-2012

so the topic of urgot came up in the dominatedominion chat and we noticed there were no realcounters to urgot bot. any ideas on how to stop an urgot assuming he's competent enough to lane his E when possible?

my idea was AP kogmaw. outpoke him to death with ult. fairly simply strategy here. then it just becomes a battle of him landing E vs u landing ult. there has to be some way of countering urgot... nek has one but he's a secretive meany

Stimuz

01-28-2012

There is no counter to a good Urgot in dom. Ban or multi bot only options.

Whi

01-28-2012

Dodge his E, He is vulnerable for 11 seconds.

Stimuz

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
Dodge his E, He is vulnerable for 11 seconds.
Except hes not, he just isn't taking you to 30%.

Whi

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Except hes not, he just isn't taking you to 30%.
what do you mean?

larkhill

01-28-2012

if u get clsoe to an urgot, he reduces ur dmg with his passive, then kites u with Q + W. u end up losing a decent chunk of hp anyway.

i mentioned AP kog cause he's the only champ that can trade hits with him and outrange him.

Glorious Bird

01-29-2012

Anyone with a gap closer or steroid will beat Urgot after an E dodge.

MVpmack

01-29-2012

Cassiopeia; she pushes better, her "if you get hit I kill you" skillshot is on a much shorter cooldown and she has similar mechanics overall. Assuming very safe play by both players, Cassie just pushes the lane. If Urgot gets aggressive, Cassie can punish him heavily, restrict his movement and generally just give him a bad day.

This is assuming both players know the matchup; if Cassie doesn't know the Urgot matchup she loses for free, if Urgot doesn't know the Cassie matchup, he loses for free as well. If both don't know the matchup, Cassie probably wins; her E outdamages Urgot Q and she can maintain the poison indefinitely.

Sivir also can win if she can reliably spellshield/dodge his grenades. I'm not 100% sure, but if Urgot's grenade doesn't mark Sivir if she spellshields she can be a pretty huge bully whenever her shield is off cooldown.

ProSauce VT

01-29-2012

I'll probably be downvoted for saying this since people believe certain champs are unviable in Dominon however, Gragas and Trundle both counter him fairly well. Gragas because he has a longer poke and great sustain along with decent pushing power. Trundle because his increased movespeed from contaminate makes it harder to land a grenade and combined with a pillar makes it hard for Urgot take advantage of a grenade even if it lands on you. Also Trundle's sustain is second to none on bot and in a 1v1 they come out pretty much even.

In both cases you probably wont be able to push much on bot but you should be able to bring it to a stalemate at least.

I've also seen Maokai do well against him due to his passive procing at absurdly high rates with Urgot spamming.

Ikarurob

01-29-2012

hes slow, and a large model. He does great early but doesnt apply onhit effects with Q

Also rolling scrums **** his world up. IF youre a 1900+ SR player, then yes you can position him well to avoid the rolling scrum otherwise youre ****ed.

His AA range is short. think 1/2 second away from melee. Ult is tricky mostly good for stopping a runner but little else since its a suppress place swap.

he doesnt itemize well because of ranged ad caster buisness.