I can't get into 1300 elo because I'm queued with first time players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowrelax

01-27-2012

I started dominion on my level 20-30 smurfs.

got all of them 1600+ within 8 games, not that hard.

Pick ryze, go top, qweerqrqwrqwrqwrqw to victory and you'll beat the typical "stop tryharding" rand team w/o trying.

My main has ~400 games played, and still loses/gains 15-60 per game so your Elo never really plateaus on Dominion. Every game is more or less a placement match.

larkhill

01-27-2012

the thing about dominion is that support players can actually carry a team. only difference is what support u pick. in Sr, healer supports dominate the meta. sona is top tier and has been for a LONG time now.

in dominion, aggressive supports dominate and can easily carry a team. leona is a great example. with all her stuns, she can make a bad team look very good. the problem most teams in the 1100-1300 bracket have is initiating and focusing a target. with leona, u can easily initiate with ult/E, and whoever u E to will usually be the one the target. from there, its a simple matter of pinging where to go.

i started out with a pretty terrible dominion rating. i played it when it first came out and still had tons of bugs and some OP champs. i lost a lot of games early then went back to SR. i recently quit SR and focus on dom.

remember, climbing the elo ladder solo is much harder than with a premade. ive been slowly climbing from the 1100 to the 1300 bracket and u can see a lot of people who dont belong, for better or worse.

also, not all players on your team are of the same elo bracket. i play draft exclusively and ive gotten 1500 teammates when i was 1250. they arent always better than everyone else but it does become noticeable when i dont have to tell them where to go every second like i did in the 1100 bracket.

Sauron

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the thing about dominion is that support players can actually carry a team. only difference is what support u pick. in Sr, healer supports dominate the meta. sona is top tier and has been for a LONG time now.
Yes, if anyone was watching the NESL stream when they had it working (#14?), Mollica's team almost beat ours in the finals by running 2 supports and had CV.

We were already wary of Wawix's tank Sona which is incredibly powerful, but TOEWW added Taric as well and played their builds almost flawlessly. We only turned that game around because we recognized that their setup couldn't split very well, and we used capture points to force them to split so that we could focus their carries much easier.

The scores were pretty crazy on that match -- I don't think a single person on our team went positive for k/d/a and we even had "op" picks like Wukong, but we managed to win it out with caps and zoning after initially losing badly.

maxusmaximus

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtehLoLrus View Post
Actually, this doesnt seem to be true. I checked on a second account, and its elo was 1300. I then checked some well known players. bigfatLP has a dominion ELO of 1703 despite being 6 and 5. Scarra has a dominion ELO of 1544 despite having a record of 2 and 4. But the real tell is Reginald, who had an elo of 1506 and is 0 and 1.

It appears that it factors in Normal or Ranked ELO. Its not a clean ELO like ranked, but pushes people up so they dont pubstomp on new players.
at summoner level 1 when you choose your level of experience with moba type games if you click new to moba's you start at 1150.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

All I will say is that, after just reaching my 100th game played with a W/L of +6, I broke back into 1300. I had a few good/lucky games last night and have returned to +10 wins. Would I like to play with and against better players? Absolutely yes. Am I ready to? Not yet. I still have a ton to learn about the finer points of this game.

tl;dr: sometimes I think I am Dominion's biggest fan and worst player. I'm kind of ok with that. Someone has to be...

reticuli

01-28-2012

right, we'll I'm ****ing awesome at dominion, and I shouldn't be grouped with noobs.

You want to get good at something, you don't train against ****ing NOOBS.

KimKelley

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Wawix's tank Sona which is incredibly powerful, .

I am intrigued by this concept. Can you give me a quick rundown of what it entails?

reticuli

01-28-2012

system unfair

Tho76

01-28-2012

Pick something that can carry teams. Or, at least can hold top. Just focus your team on one character, then systematically kill them 1 by 1. Most people will attack characters with a glowing target over thier head. About the champ, use a tanky DPS with hard CC. Pantheon, for example. Tanky to defend, DPS to kill, and CC to let the tower get some attacks in, and to make a 2v1 easier. I also find that champs that can bait, such as Ashe and Ryze, are really good.

reticuli

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho76 View Post
Pick something that can carry teams. Or, at least can hold top. Just focus your team on one character, then systematically kill them 1 by 1. Most people will attack characters with a glowing target over thier head. About the champ, use a tanky DPS with hard CC. Pantheon, for example. Tanky to defend, DPS to kill, and CC to let the tower get some attacks in, and to make a 2v1 easier. I also find that champs that can bait, such as Ashe and Ryze, are really good.
This is a viable strategy, but you're kinda missing the point. I don't want to play with noobs when I have tons of experience. This current system requires luck more than skill. Luck you don't get an afk, luck you don't get a first timer on your team, luck you have a team that speaks english, luck you don't have a troll.

You think Michael Jordan got good by playing against high school students in the off season?

No he played against the best, because excellence breeds excellence.