@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onlyashadow

01-27-2012

1000th reply?

edit: oh yeah

Mephew

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogaBoga View Post
Xypherous, I have an idea that i see you haven't mentioned (or i missed it because i was skimming). How about in addition to the system you are testing now (true sight etc...), why not make "true sight" only focus where the champ is facing (like a cone on front of the champion)? Think about it, say when an eve wants to sneak up on an enemy, like in real life, the victim will not know the attacker is behind them, whereas when the victim is facing the enemy, they can easily see their attacker.

You could also make it that once an enemy (say eve) has been seen, and the victim turns around, eve can still be seen for two seconds (until she gets out of true sight range). This will add a bit of timing/strategy on when to strike as a stealth, but can be quite balanced (along with your system already being tested) as champions are constantly switching directions.

Thoughts?
Sweet idea, but i feel like it would be too difficult to program, but I'm not a programmer so....

Onlyashadow

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogaBoga View Post
Xypherous, I have an idea that i see you haven't mentioned (or i missed it because i was skimming). How about in addition to the system you are testing now (true sight etc...), why not make "true sight" only focus where the champ is facing (like a cone on front of the champion)? Think about it, say when an eve wants to sneak up on an enemy, like in real life, the victim will not know the attacker is behind them, whereas when the victim is facing the enemy, they can easily see their attacker.

You could also make it that once an enemy (say eve) has been seen, and the victim turns around, eve can still be seen for two seconds (until she gets out of true sight range). This will add a bit of timing/strategy on when to strike as a stealth, but can be quite balanced (along with your system already being tested) as champions are constantly switching directions.

Thoughts?
This wouldn't work at all, just the act of last hitting a single minion often makes the champion walk to, and then away from the target, sometimes multiple times in a row. The stealth champ would have like .2 seconds to make an approach and then attack from outside the vision

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Don't bump this if there's no new information. They'll get to us when they get to us. They haven't forgotten about it if you haven't. Keep in mind, they work on the game, and there are things they can and cannot tell us. Obviously they're not ready to share more info on the stealth remake, and since it only affects two champions in the game, I doubt they've got it at a high priority, considering there are over 90 champs now.

Bichsum

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Thanks for the reminder! We have a color-blind QA/Dev expert here and we'll try to make the sight gems also have huge visual distinctions on the particle side.

Wouldn't it be easier, and better for those involved to use the same visual you currently use for ranging champion abilities. If you (as eve or twitch) see the enemy with a light circle around them, it becomes infinitely easier to know their sight range against you. So you don't have to worry about looking at a little gem and hoping it doesn't change colors.

Caosso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Bump

zoocalu

01-27-2012

well its been months sense a reply, and we were supposed to get the remake back in october...love riot

sco159

01-27-2012

bump for justice

Tibbers Bot

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortalus View Post
...since it only affects two champions in the game, I doubt they've got it at a high priority, considering there are over 90 champs now.
It also affects their ability to ever release another stealth champion as the mechanic is completely garbage right now. Whereas if something that was balanced was in place we could have more then just the two stealth champions we have now.

Ions03

01-27-2012

Hey morelleo since Kayle needs a rework and teemo is a scout anyway can you just make these two champions members of the stealth club.. Also why not have Mundos cleavers see invis it is science... Mundo throw Mundo see.... Also change other champs to kinda counter?