@Riot Changes To Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Right now there a couple things I do not understand about the map
A needlessly large rod gives 80 Ability Power and cost 1600
Whereas a Blasting Wand gives 40 Ability Power and cost 860.
Two Blasting Wands Cost 1720 and give 80 Ability Power + they take up TWO item Slots
How does it make any sense that an item gives the same amount of ability power for cheaper for only ONE item slot. In my opinion lower Blasting Wand cost to 800 making it at least equivalent to the cost of a needlessly large rod (even tho it should be cheaper cause its two item slots)

This also applies to pickaxe 975 gold for 25 attack damage + bf sword 1650 gold for 45 attack damage. Same idea lower the cost of a pickaxe to around 850. Even though they give an extra 5 attack damage right now two cost 1950 thats 300 more then a bf sword for only 5 extra attack damage also your using two inventory slots. To keep in perspective a long sword gives 10 attack damage for 415 gold, so I dont see how 5 attack damage = 300 gold?

I just think that two of 1 item that equal another item should be cheaper since your taking up more room in your inventory. Also you can really fall behind if your forced to go back a bit early and only have enough for that pickaxe and not the bf sword.

On a final note please add a consumable inventory, 3 slots would be fine I would even be cool with 1 slot. This allows players to ward when they have a full inventory.

Another suggestion for this would be give each champion the ability to place a green ward for 100 gold at any time 10 second cool down (cool down and cost can of course be debated and not a pink ward because they would be unfair for stealth champions) Basically it would be like an ability however the player would lose 100 gold each time they cast it. I believe this is the better of the two scenarios because it allows players to place wards more frequently without having to go back to the shop just to buy wards.

These are just some balance changes I have in mind to help make this game become a bit more balanced.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Bump

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

The reason needlessly large rod costs less per AP is that you have to wait longer to buy it. If, say, you're fighting another AP, and you buy a blasting wand while they wait to buy a needlessly large rod, from the point when you buy a BW until they can afford a NLR, you have the advantage because you have 40 more AP than them. You're expected to take advantage while you have superior stats from having purchased an item earlier.

The same logic applies to AD items as well, obviously.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
The reason needlessly large rod costs less per AP is that you have to wait longer to buy it. If, say, you're fighting another AP, and you buy a blasting wand while they wait to buy a needlessly large rod, from the point when you buy a BW until they can afford a NLR, you have the advantage because you have 40 more AP than them. You're expected to take advantage while you have superior stats from having purchased an item earlier.

The same logic applies to AD items as well, obviously.

Thats what I'm saying that if you do buy a blasting wand then they get nlr then you are forced to buy a nlr because if you get a blasting wand you are then put behind your opponent because if you buy another blasting wand to keep up with the +80 ap then you are behind in gold which doesn't make sense because your using more inventory space for the same ap amount for more cost.

Reathien

01-25-2012

Pro Tip, The blasting want is used for some very high up powerful items (Deathcap/Rylai's/Rod of ages) where the NLR is used for only 2 items. Making BW cheaper would in turn lower the cost of these more powerful items making them easier to attain right off the bat, and PS< you shouldnt be blindly stacking these stats anyhow, never will you need TWO blasting wands at any one time, its smarter to build say a RoA for hp/mana or maybe a Rylai's for the slow, but actually think about what your going to do with the base item, not just the base item itsself.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reathien View Post
Pro Tip, The blasting want is used for some very high up powerful items (Deathcap/Rylai's/Rod of ages) where the NLR is used for only 2 items. Making BW cheaper would in turn lower the cost of these more powerful items making them easier to attain right off the bat, and PS< you shouldnt be blindly stacking these stats anyhow, never will you need TWO blasting wands at any one time, its smarter to build say a RoA for hp/mana or maybe a Rylai's for the slow, but actually think about what your going to do with the base item, not just the base item itsself.

Couldn't you just increase the cost of these other powerful items if you lowered the cost of the blasting wand? Im not saying I personally stack these items I'm just saying that it's unbalanced how 2 of 1 item cost more then 1 item that gives the same stats as the 2 items.

Also no one has commented on my ward as an ability that cost gold o.O

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXandBEER View Post
Thats what I'm saying that if you do buy a blasting wand then they get nlr then you are forced to buy a nlr because if you get a blasting wand you are then put behind your opponent because if you buy another blasting wand to keep up with the +80 ap then you are behind in gold which doesn't make sense because your using more inventory space for the same ap amount for more cost.
You're missing the part where you had 40 more AP than them for a period of time.

Time A:
you have 860 gold, your enemy has 860 gold
you buy a blasting wand, you now have 40 AP more than your enemy

Time B:
your enemy has earned 740 more gold, and buys a NLR

The purpose of buying a blasting wand (ignoring the things it builds into) instead of waiting for a NLR is that between Time A and Time B you have the advantage. You have better stats than your enemy, and you're expected to take advantage of that. That means that by the time your enemy reaches 740 additional gold, you're supposed to have earned MORE than that because you had an advantage of better stats.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
You're missing the part where you had 40 more AP than them for a period of time.

Time A:
you have 860 gold, your enemy has 860 gold
you buy a blasting wand, you now have 40 AP more than your enemy

Time B:
your enemy has earned 740 more gold, and buys a NLR

The purpose of buying a blasting wand (ignoring the things it builds into) instead of waiting for a NLR is that between Time A and Time B you have the advantage. You have better stats than your enemy, and you're expected to take advantage of that. That means that by the time your enemy reaches 740 additional gold, you're supposed to have earned MORE than that because you had an advantage of better stats.
I understand where your coming from with the advantage for the short duration, however if you don't earn more then your opponent becomes at an advantage strictly because the item cost is unbalanced.

thepantsparty

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXandBEER View Post
I understand where your coming from with the advantage for the short duration, however if you don't earn more then your opponent becomes at an advantage strictly because the item cost is unbalanced.
That's the point. If you make a purchase that gives you short-term power but fail to take advantage of that, you're supposed to be at a disadvantage.

Huudi

01-26-2012

it's like marketing, buying in bulk will always have more of a discount because it's more of an investment and requires more money. If the BW was the same amount, then you would have no decision-making process about whether to wait, or buy it right away