dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 35
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-24-2012

Thanks, rickless, you're the best sniper in Runeterra!

Magical Magi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

I'm on AMD 5730M and it seems to be random. Currently running on catalyst version 11.12. Haven't played dominion much recently, but I'll see if I encounter it again and post my dxdiag here.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-24-2012
3 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourMoney View Post
I've been told that closing any web browsers helps prevent it. I personally have not had problems without a browser in the background whereas I lost my cursor around 10% of the time with a browser in the background.
i can't help but wonder if this is correlation is purely coincidence, but in any case it would be helpful to know more--what browser do you use, and out of curiosity about how much memory do you have available when playing a dominion game (along with other applications)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Magi View Post
Haven't played dominion much recently, but I'll see if I encounter it again and post my dxdiag here.
i would much appreciate it.

The Fizznity

01-24-2012

Here's my DXDiag. This could be a complete red herring, but I mostly remember having the problems with Vayne and Kassadin, and if memory serves it may be either related to respawn or death. I'll do a bunch more Dominion games when I can to see if I can find a repro method.

Also note:
* Sometimes the cursor fixes itself, either partially (will still look somewhat garbled but mostly present) or completely
* If it doesn't, then I have to restart my computer to fix the cursor

Running programs include Skype, Trillian, Spotify, and Firefox.

StealYourMoney

01-25-2012

Just played a game. No problems with the cursor, with 1 gig left of memory while playing. Also, I use firefox.

Also, I distinctly remember it happening to me in the middle of a chase, so I don't think it's related to death or respawn...

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-25-2012

At college atm, will try when I get home, but here is what I can say.

Most of the time it happened to me...

1) The cursor was on the edge of the screen
and
2) The cursor was near a tower

Maybe just coincidence, but Ill look into it later.

EDIT: I don't believe web browsers do it, I have had it with and without web browsers up.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

I sent an email to one of the DD members who left recently because of the cursor problem, and gave him this link. Hopefully he will come back and tell you what has been happening since it happened to him a few times.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-25-2012

I'm on my work PC, but I can tell you a few things.

1. I do have an ATI card in my home PC.
2. It's happened to me at least a dozen times.
3. Even if you close LoL, your cursor will be screwed up. That's why I restart my computer instead of restarting LoL.
4. Sometimes it randomly goes away, if you wait. Could be 10 seconds. Could be a minute or two.
5. You can see the cursor (scribbly lines) when you cursor over something, but you can't see it until then. So it's pretty hard to buy stuff, fight, etc. Capping is the easiest thing to do, because the box is so large. Heh.

I've tried various solutions to no avail. The problem is you can't predict when it's going to happen. So every solution will work...until it doesn't. By the time it happens again, so much has changed (settings, updates, etc) that you have no idea what in particular could have caused it.

It's very hard to pin this bug down. If I could reproduce it, I would, but I'd also probably be able to avoid it. Like if tabbing to Firefox caused it, I'd just not tab to Firefox during a match; therefore, this wouldn't be much of a problem. Unfortunately, it is a problem, and it's very displeasing to lose a fight and/or a match when it happens. Your only hope is to restart, get a lucky fix within 10 seconds, or hug a turret and hope people overestimate your ability to defend.

Risemix

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
same thing for me, but we have a couple machines with ati mobility cards and i've been told that we have not been successful in our attempts to reproduce it. i'm curious to know if there are other factors involved. i'm hoping to get some posts here that will shed some light on the issue.
I have this problem, pops up one out of every 10 games or so on ATI Radeon HD 6550M. It should be noted that the ATI 6550M is re-boxed Radeon HD 5650M and it has about a dozen other problems with cooling, etc.

I usually have to alt+f4 out, switch my graphics to on-board and back and reconnect to fix the issue, although if I die quickly enough after my cursor first disappears, it will reappear but this fix isn't convenient for obvious reasons.

Jibrita

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i can't help but wonder if this is correlation is purely coincidence, but in any case it would be helpful to know more--what browser do you use, and out of curiosity about how much memory do you have available when playing a dominion game (along with other applications)?

i would much appreciate it.
I am able to repeat the bug with some success when I have skype running in the background.

The interesting thing to note is that when I close out skype completely the issue is instantly resolved. I've experienced this bug 4x so far and a closing skype worked every single time.

12345612 ... 35