A Blade Reforged (A Riven story)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

01-21-2012

Wukong made his way through the forest, swinging wildly. He had been made a fool of. He enjoyed a good joke, but not at his expense. He swung from tree to tree, smelling the air. He could sense his master. He dropped down to the grass and run on all four of his feet towards a mountain looming over the horizon. He pumped his arms energetically as he raced there, eventually seeing his master in the distance. He stopped in front of his master, bowing low to the ground. His face was still contorted with anger.

His master stood up, brushing himself off, “Why the anger, student? It was your choice after all.”

Wukong grumbled at him, his words inaudible.

The Master cocked his head, “I take it you lost?”

Wukong pounded the ground angrily, “Lost? Lost?! She destroyed me!”

His Master stroked his beard thoughtfully as Wukong recounted the last part of their fight.

His Summoner bellowed to him, “Keep her busy a little longer, Nocturne is on his way!”

Riven slashed into Wukong again and again, blood splurted from his body. This was just insulting. Wukong gnashed his teeth, yelling at his Summoner, “She’s mine! Wuju demands it!” Wukong grunted angrily, switching the way he held his staff. Grabbing the very end of his staff he started to spin wildly. Riven dashed away, but not fast enough. She was launched in the air as he continually beat with his blindingly fast spin. He thought he had her now.

From the corner of his eye he noticed something unsettling, her face was that of concentration rather than pain or fear. His Summoner yelled at him once more, “Rammus counter- struck Noct! Get out!” Wukong barely listened, he was currently speechless. He had only seen that look in a few champions. The moment she landed energy coursed throughout her body. He could hear her mutter aloud, “I am awakened.”

Wukong stopped, open eyed and jaw agape as a shadow cast over him. Even his Summoner was stunned. It wouldn’t be right to call her sword such a term. That would insinuate it was meant to be handled by man. It was more of an obelisk of darkest obsidian looming over him. A single strike from the flat end catapulted Wukong off of his feet, sending him crashing into the wall. He shook his head clear as he attempted another decoy, she spun her colossal sword with such ease it caught him in mid swing before he could get too far.

He felt the tip hit his abdomen as he tore away. It was just the tip, he was safe. Or so he thought as he attempted to run away. Better to live and fight another day. He slowed down suddenly, despite his arms still attempting to catapult him forward. Riven had stopped chasing him. He looked down, completely stunned at his predicament: His lower body was still standing, hard as stone, several feet behind him. Riven flicked her sword, throwing the blood off of her blade. “I kept my promise. It is not fun, it is not glorious. You will learn that.”

Wukong sat on the ground, still infuriated he had been beaten so soundly. His Master knelt down and handed him a small, tied up bag. Wukong sniffed at it, opened it slowly and his eyes lit up. He shoved several peaches into his mouth, relishing in the nourishment. He completely forgot his anger within moments.

His Master shook his head slowly, “I told you not to confront her. I know you wished to quell my anger, but now she has slain my master and wounded my student. No, not just wounded, but shamed him. ”

Wukong swallowed the peaches, the juices still running down his lips. “She can channel ki, she leaps around faster than any rabbit, and she swings that sword with one hand! I gotta admit, the human’s got game. Can’t wait for the next fight, I’ll be ready then.”

His Master frowned, his aura viciously thundered around him. “Student, you will not be facing her again. I told you not to do so the first time and yet you went ahead. ”

Wukong sputtered, wiping his mouth off. Before he could protest his Master silenced him with a raised hand, it was shaking with anger, “You will listen to your master. This is a matter I cannot and will not let lie. She will taste the full strength of Wuju. There is no other choice. My only request of you, my student, is this: if I fail, you will let history denounce the name of Yi.”

Wukong bowed his head, remembering her words, “War is not fun, fighting is not a game, and battle is death.” He slowly responded, “I swear it, Master Yi.”

The night soon enveloped the land, the Institute’s lights started to peter out and turn off save for a select few. One of these lights that remained overlooked the entire Institute and its’ landscape. A gnarled hand with pen in hand was making seemingly wild sketches. The light of his lantern burned brightly beside him as he put the finishing touches on the paper. A refined, feminine voice spoke up, “How go the plans, dearest General?”

The man made no sound as he placed his pen down. The sound of a switch clicking on was soon followed by his entire room lighting up. His blood red eyes squinted at the new light. The woman’s laughter sounded like thousands of shards of glass raining, “Oh Swain, why abhor the electric light? It is so much more useful than a small canteen of foul smelling oil.”

The man being regarded as Swain stood to his feet, grabbing a nearby cane. He shuffled over to a coat hanging off his coat rack. He brushed the collar of it, revealing a purple hued woman who was decorated with various amounts of golden jewelry. She smirked seductively at him, handing him a little black rock. “This is from today’s match. It seems your little trained chimp is running free.”

Swain shook his head slowly, “Not a chimp. That would mean she was a parlour trick. She is a trained dog unleashed.”

The woman shrugged her shoulders, disappearing from view and reappearing behind him. She draped herself over his broad shoulders, “Where is Beatrice, darling? I brought her num nums.”

Swain looked to the window, his two red eyes shifting in three pairs of monstrous eyes. They quickly shifted back, “She is overlooking my little soldier. I regret not sending her earlier. The results are…disappointing.”

The woman laughed once more, this time it sounded like bells chiming, “Oh dear dear! You are disappointed at your little soldier!”

She tightened her grip on him, her lips barely a breath away from his ear, “Should I take care of that for you?”

Swain shook his head, “No. We cannot risk the rest of the plan due to an unrelated contingency. This is a personal matter and I will take care of it.”

The woman reappeared in front of him, “Oh? It’s personal? In that case, a little tid bit of information for m’amour. I spoke to her Summoner.” She twisted her hand downwards and flipped it back up. A clear stone popped up. “You know what this is.”

The General traced his fingers across her cheek to her chin, forcing it upwards. “Well done, LeBlanc. Now go, the good prince needs to make an appearance, hm?”

LeBlanc disappeared into the shadows, whispering “Hail Noxus.” The sound of crystals clacking onto the ground was the last heard of her. Swain’s face instantly twisted itself to the shape of a monstrous raven. He could see what Beatrice saw. A bird’s eye view stared at Riven who made her way back through the forest. Despite the fatigue lining her face, the limpness of her arms dragging her sword, the rust stains on her armor, she had a thin smile on her face. He continued watching for a little longer, his deadpan face now twisting into a monstrous smile.

His face shifted back into its human form, Swain got what he needed. He now knew where Riven had been hiding this entire time. Now, what to do with her. He rolled the two stones in his hand, so many choices, so little time. He will break her.

End chapter 3

Edited: I fixed the last bit of Yi's dialogue. That's not a swear word, it just censors it dam-n for some stupid reason. So I changed it to give
it a similar impact (I just like the proper use of the word dam.n!) Also edited a bit of Swain's dialogue

Edited again: Fixed the description of Riven's sword

Jaykoboy

01-21-2012

Aw, poor Riven. Why must Swain be out to get her? But good job, man!

Cerubois

01-21-2012

An excellent addition. A much longer read than I expected, too. :P

I'm actually glad I've had some influence on you already (aside from being glad to have another reader ). Sometimes you've just gotta take a step back and figure out the basics before you can advance the story further. If I can help make your story better, I'm all for it.

As long as I can take the same inspiration from yours as well.

Grand Viper

01-22-2012

@Jakyoboy Thank you! And why Swain? Well you see what I'm going to do is that Swain is g- CAW CAW CAW CAW

@Cerubois You're more than welcome to! If I've inspired at least one other person for ideas or wanting to write a story or anything, then I've more than fulfilled my role as story teller. After all, why else write a story if you don't want others to enjoy and be inspired by it?

In regards to chapter 4, it's going to take a lot longer to write than these 3 chapters. This is when things go form establishing what I consider the background to the real meat of the story. How many more chapters is the story going to be? I have 6 chapters in total at the moment only because that's how far I've come and even then I have no doubt the story is going to be easily double.

These first three chapters were done so expediently because they were what I've been having in mind with plenty of planning ahead of time and so forth. I have to figure out how I'm going to address the next couple of chapters to see where I want to go with Riven, her relationships, her interactions and how they come out. The next chapter could take anywhere from a week to a month so the flow of narration isn't disturbed.

With that in mind, I'm thinking of posting chapter previews to help keep this thread alive. Maybe I'll make another thread with a few short stories I've had in mind for quite some time. With the success of the Riven story (As in people enjoying it) it makes me want to write more and post up more, meaning that I do promise that this is a story I will finish.

Thank you all for reading thus far, stay tuned to the same Bat channel but not necessarily the same Bat time!

Senstrae

01-22-2012

I do love your work, though you might have lucked out because I had already paired the two in my mind. I enjoy your writing and I'm curious where these plot developments are going.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

@Grand Viper

Finally, I have stumbled upon yours. The moment of Reforge™ really shocked my soul. it was thrilling™ and gave a further thought into how Riven work, her personality and everything.

PS the name Nevir......Nevil the Coloured Soul, my original Champion. lol GREAT WORK INDEED!

LancerXXX

01-23-2012

I'm confused now... at the end of the first chapter, Irelia revealed that she knew who Riven was, but then it appeared as if she didn't in the later chapters, and the waiter (who actually watched the match) didn't know who she was...

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
I'm confused now... at the end of the first chapter, Irelia revealed that she knew who Riven was, but then it appeared as if she didn't in the later chapters, and the waiter (who actually watched the match) didn't know who she was...
the whole idea is the mysterious feeling.
from the first chapter we know the Irelia is willing to speak to Riven cause Riven is not really a "bad" noxian. so this in this chapter, Irelia is helping Riven by keeping her name a secret. its like a sign of friendship/companionship, to keep a secret between two.

As for the waiter, he most likely knew who she was, but not the name too well because Riven is still new to the league. she is not yet famous.

PS: @Grand V
Am I right? and if by clarifying things for you have offended you somehow, i am very sorry.

Grand Viper

01-23-2012

Edited: (Almost forgot you!) @ Senstrae

Was it luck? Truly? Yeah it was. But it's always good to have another reader! So thank you for reading my work, hope you will continue enjoying it as the chapters come by!

@Felza

I'm super offended! Heh, nah. Don't worry man, clarifying things for me doesn't offend me. Even if you were wrong in interpretation I wouldn't take offense, it's what you take from a story that counts. I'd also prefer if other people put their interpretation rather than my own since I am the one writing it. I would feel horrid if I took away the fun of the story.

I'd reveal way too much and be like "No, your interpretation is WRONG, I'M the writer, okaaaaay?! Jeeeez." So no, in fact I feel complimented that you went out of your way to clarify what you took from the story.

And besides, discussion is good! If I see people arguing plot points and who knows what and why is this character doing this/that then that would be great. That means the mystery still lingers and it intrigues people to want to read the next chapter which is not up yet.

@ LancerXXX

I can't do much to explain the rest of the plot or else the other twists and plot points may be ruined. That is the problem with writing chapters in sections and letting people read them section by section. It's like an abrupt end and can be confusing since the whole story is not there nor am I posting the plot tree as to how I want things to flow, main points to be made, etc. You will have to be a bit patient with me so I can write more chapters and show why I'm being mysterious and even at times confusing.

However, what I will say is this: Irelia does know who Riven is.

I know you enjoyed ch.1 (judging from your previous comment) and I hope you enjoyed these two chapters as well. I unfortunately can't clarify things further or else, like I said, it would take away people's own interpretations of the work which I think would just spoil the fun. Hope this doesn't deter you from future reading!

Felza

01-23-2012

@Grand V
I m gonna take a start on my own story sometime today.... well its almost midnight here in taiwan... anyways, I'll be posting a character relations mind-map, in say... 30min. I wish you could read it and gimme some feed back on it.

Also I m waiting to see how you will slowly unfold the conflict then to the absolute climax. this has been a great story to read and I will be expecting MOAR soon~