GUIDE : How To Carry Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

umadbrudda

01-18-2012

Many people acknowledge the key to winning Dominion in the current meta is a strong bot lane. Winning bot lane can carry a team that is struggling to claim top.

That being said, I will share my strategy for gaining 100 ELO today, winning 9 out of 10 matches today and coming first in nearly every game. Check my match history for specifics.

How To Carry Dominion

Step 1. Pick Tryndamere and call bot.

Step 2. Details :
Masteries : 21/9/0
Runes : 18 Armor pen (Reds), 6.3% Crit chance (Yellows, Blues and 1 Quint) 3.0% movement speed (2 Quints)

Step 3. Strategy :
- Start with Prospectors Blade, Boots of Speed and 2 Health Potions

- As soon as minions reach the middle of bot lane, spin on top of your opponent and mocking shout. Bait out the exhaust if you can't kill them, but cleanse and ghost if you feel you can finish them off.

- You now have dominance over health relic and should be auto attacking creeps as much as possible. When max rage, spin in, auto attack and heal as harrass.

- Depending on the enemies, build Phantom Dancer > Infinity Edge > Last Whisper > Sanguine. If they aren't big on armor, usually they have CC which means swapping Last Whisper for Quicksilver Sash.

Step 4. More Details :

- Tryndamere is strong bottom because of his great sustain with Rank 5 Bloodlust, and amazing 1v1 ability with his ultimate. Especially against another AD.

- Focus on maxing bloodlust > mocking shout > spin.

- Get Ghost and Cleanse as summoner spells. Instantly cancelling exhaust catches many champions offguard, and gets rid of pesky ignites.

- Whatever you do, try to avoid going top. The CC spam involved in the teamfights really makes you struggle, unless you are very fed.

Step 5. Cautionary Matchups

- Vladimir : Just had an extremely close game 1v1 a Vlad. If he gets Thornail and some good AP, he is very, very tough to kill. Ask for ganks against him to help keep him locked down after pool, because the slow is big trouble for Trynd.

- As soon as you see your opponent starting to build Thornmail, drop whatever you are building and rush Last Whisper. Thornmail is just too crippling and you won't be able to reliably kill anyone without all summoner spells and cooldowns up. Tryndamere goes from very difficult to kill to relatively easy as soon as anyone gets Thornmail.

- Grab a lifesteal scepter if they have strong counter harrass, and heal up on creeps after a spin > mocking > auto combo.

If you guys have any questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can. Having played over 1000 games of Dominion, Tryndamere bottom is one of the strongest, if not the strongest bot lane I have played.

Cheers!

TakinTheHeat

01-18-2012

How do you deal with lets say an Ahri bot vs you? In my experience this should be an absolute loss, maybe not ultra lategame but theres no way you can handle her early, is there? The 3 dashes + rylais just seems aimed at completely raping melee.

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
How do you deal with lets say an Ahri bot vs you? In my experience this should be an absolute loss, maybe not ultra lategame but theres no way you can handle her early, is there? The 3 dashes + rylais just seems aimed at completely raping melee.
Silly Point is silly.

You obviously don't realize how this strategy works......

Hint : It involves getting your advantage in place before level 6, either by getting an early kill/cap or by forcing them back thus letting you free farm & out level them.

Op's strategy is sound & it works quite well.

TakinTheHeat

01-19-2012

Quote:
If you guys have any questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can.
I wasn't stating anything you.. moron, I was asking a question. OP has won 9/10 games so obviously it works.

From what I know, there isn't any way an ahri is going to let you get near her at any point in the game especially not pre-6.. Can you not imagine this scenario in your head? How does trynd get an advantage early game on Ahri? Or any other ranged champion with dashes to make sure he cant close the gap..

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat View Post
I wasn't stating anything you.. moron, I was asking a question. OP has won 9/10 games so obviously it works.

From what I know, there isn't any way an ahri is going to let you get near her at any point in the game especially not pre-6.. Can you not imagine this scenario in your head? How does trynd get an advantage early game on Ahri? Or any other ranged champion with dashes to make sure he cant close the gap..

IDK, with skill?

Arhi has 1 way to keep tryn off her @ lvl 3, if he's skilled enough to dodge that 1 taunt/suppress then he's almost guaranteed to win @ lvl3

Yaladilae

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrammaLamma View Post
IDK, with skill?

Arhi has 1 way to keep tryn off her @ lvl 3, if he's skilled enough to dodge that 1 taunt/suppress then he's almost guaranteed to win @ lvl3
IDK

When you spin in, land mocking shout, then start walking in a straight line towards her
Does that feel about the right time to land Charm???

ImCoolerOnline

01-19-2012

what about when u spin to yorick he drops 3 ghouls on ur ass reducing dmg dealt to him by 15% and dishing out about 200 insta dmg on you all the while 3 gouls are attacking you along with yorick himself? Now that your spin is on CD how do you escape?

DrammaLamma

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
IDK

When you spin in, land mocking shout, then start walking in a straight line towards her
Does that feel about the right time to land Charm???
Only idiots walk in straight lines against a skill shot enemy if that were the case arhi wins, because that tryn is obviously a noob.

If tryn just pushes lane ignoring arhi?

Tryn can either out sustain or out push/farm her or if he's better get a kill.

Really we could argue this theoretical 1v1 all you want, reality is if tryn has 2 options out push / sustain her or kill her. Arhi only has 1 option kill tryn, he'll guaranteed win the sustain battle.

Hell, tryn doesn't even have to kill her or push to the point all he's gotta do is come close to one of those & arhi's team mate will come to help, giving the advantage at top.

RealWolf M

01-19-2012

SO ahri bursts down hte enemy creeps. Pulls back and doesn't let tryn do your combo. Lane stalemated.

Then to win it a single gank. Tryn can't escape the gank, ahri can.

Lane won by ahri.

Yorick uses all 3 ghouls, is dealing significantly more damage, can max Q first because if tryn gets close he can do huge Q hits. Gets early sheen too, then thornmail straight.

Lane won by Yorick.

Cass bursts down wave, and constantly harrasses tryn, doing more damage than tryn can heal while staying far enough away tryn can't spin in.

Cass wins lane

DrammaLamma

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
SO ahri bursts down hte enemy creeps. Pulls back and doesn't let tryn do your combo. Lane stalemated.

Then to win it a single gank. Tryn can't escape the gank, ahri can.

Lane won by ahri.

Yorick uses all 3 ghouls, is dealing significantly more damage, can max Q first because if tryn gets close he can do huge Q hits. Gets early sheen too, then thornmail straight.

Lane won by Yorick.

Cass bursts down wave, and constantly harrasses tryn, doing more damage than tryn can heal while staying far enough away tryn can't spin in.

Cass wins lane
Overall I agree with you.

1 dumb point tho, how can tryn "not escape the gank?" That's part of why OP suggests cleanse.

Obviously if a TON of CC comes his way he's screwed, but so is practically any other champ.