Riot Games Partners with Garena to bring League of Legends to Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

07-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners!

In February of this year we announced that we had reached an agreement with a publisher to bring League of Legends to all our fans in Southeast Asia. Today, we are ready to reveal the identity of our partner. We are extremely pleased to be able to announce that Garena will be working with Riot to bring League of Legends to Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.

Those of you who were fans our spiritual predecessor, Defense of the Ancients, may already be familiar with Garena. We are extremely pleased to be able to call such an experienced and well reputed online gaming service provider our partner. Garena has an amazing track record for bringing competitive online video games to countries all over the world, specifically Southeast Asia. We firmly believe that Garena's experience with games of this genre will help foster the growth of the League of Legends community in this region, as well as help us to provide the highest possible quality of service in this region and establish League of Legends as a top global e-sport.

Just recently, Garena featured League of Legends as a promotional title at WCG Asia, running show matches, distributing t-shirts, and, of course, allowing players to experience the game first hand. Here are a few pictures from that event.

LordLazarus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Yay!

Mikhrop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-16-2010

3rd pic is epic win

UchihaWalid

07-16-2010

so people from southeast couldnt play lol for 4-5 months? man that was rudely done.

Dyloslawer

07-16-2010

sup with the chinese chicks? do want.

SpamsLaugh

07-16-2010

I want a "beyond god like" t-shirt to. =(

IrMx

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmarler View Post
^
QFT

And awesome work. LoL is just getting bigger and bigger

SofaKingAwsome

07-16-2010

GJ Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmarler View Post
me too

Cleo

07-16-2010

Sweet, now Garena will be used for more than just hacked versions of Killing Floor.

Mooinacan

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
t-shirts
That's a kinda neat T-Shirt. Wish I could get one in a different color. Maybe coral or sea foam green?

1234511 ... 19