Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
Females are always encouraged to look a certain way which is far less destructive then the female practice of encouraging males to act in a certain way in order to get s e x. Men have it harder as the body can be made to look better then it is via makeup and lighting but personality is soul crushingly difficult to change even superficially for the benefit of impressing others. Objectification of women so women can get what they want is a tiny social problem.... a mis-demeanor compared to the need males feel to say the right thing to get what they want.
Men could always try going after women who don't require them to lie. It's a personal problem to only be attracted to shallow, naive, hypersensitive women, not a social problem.

9Point

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
-I- think Kog is a girl! But Riot is too stubborn to acknowledge that anything without **** can possibly be female! The lore is wrong, I say! Wrong!
I know!!!! look at those HOT eyelashes!
Plus that dance. My god, those legs. i want some of that!

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
"All men are NOT created equal! Some are born swifter afoot, some with greater beauty, some are born into poverty and others born sick and feeble. Both in birth and upbringing, in sheer scope of ability every human is inherently different; Yes that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition and the unfaltering march of progress. Inequality is not wrong, equality is."
First, "equal" does not mean "the same." Secondly, I think Social Darwinism is wrong.

Walkapotamus

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iauaruk View Post
Leona. Tristana.Annie.Poppy
As someone else said, Karma. And also Lux, Riven, Janna, and Caitlyn. Now while some of them may show skin (Caitlyn and Janna is in particular) they are not busty. I'm pretty sure that's like half the female champs. And while I do like how this thread turned out because I enjoyed reading IronStylus' response, do your homework before making such a big deal about nothing, Lioc.

9Point

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Crazy long post im quoting so that i dont get the ever popular "Did you even read Op"
What really set me off about this thread was Leona. More Leona's plate mail high heels.
There are like 80 pages of people responding (Some more poorly than others) with champions they feel dont share the same "Model" as every other female.

But thats not enough. But that is ok, you have your opinion and thats fine. EXCEPT for Leona.This strikes a cord with me because of ALL the tanks she looks the most intimidating.
Have you seen Defender Leona?
What about her is in anyway similar to other female champions? Is it the most epic battle worn Shield that sends Taric and Pantheon away with envy. Or her battled hardend mother ****ing Claymore in one hand none the less.

On a more serious note. Nothing aside from "Plated heels" could even be considered dainty. Her role is a tank, her dance is a series of swings and shield bashes, her taunt involves banging her shield and in mock of her enemies asking them to just to "Just try and make a dent", her joke again shows her overall toughness since by showing you the process of her garb. Her shield which is dug into the earth with a single swing leaving only a loud CLANG, her sword buried, she even goes as far as to remove her PLATED gauntlets before in almost jest of your argument proclaiming " I think i broke a nail". Her movement quotes are "I will break there line" "They will be sundered" "They'll have to go through me" and "rally to me". Never mind her lore stats she was battle born, can hold her own vs pantheon

Leona is by far everything you would ask for, but no.... She has heels.

Thats the problem with this entire thread. its NO ALL FEMALES ARE THE SAME.
When there not. No female monster you say? Oh wait, Anivia was in Beta.

No female champions who are not dainty, skimpy, reused skins. Again Leona, Vayne, (You couldn't even tell if she had a bust except for dragon slayer and aristocrat) Karma, Kayle, (Who you couldnt even tell was a female unless you played her, got unmaked, she got remade) Shyvana.

But, But Cassiopeia is just a busty buxom fembot put on top of a snake. You mean the girl whos ENTIRE LORE is based of her SEDUCING people. If they made a male equivalent and he wasnt dashing and handsome everyone would complain. And truthfully they would have a right to.

So lets take a step back. Lets just say your right. All the women should not have the same slender frame.

Ok.

Let me ask you something than. What famous (Or simply successful) woman in a professional athletic career is not slim? Seriously, what woman in a profession that requires constant stress on there muscles is not slim? And before you say "But, Gragas.... He is fat" he has the LARGEST defined biceps, quaducepts, and Triceps of any champion in the game. Even Urgot has a huge Bicep (On his only arm). If it isnt covered by clothing its buff and defined. If Karthus took his shirt off, his abs and pecks would kill you before his ult did.

-There, i tried to keep it light because i didnt want to be mean. But seriously, there is a lot of variety in ALL the champions here. And to be frank, the only reason i could think someo ene would become THAT upset about it is a confidence issue. a "Im a strong female/male but i dont look like that so they must be wrong" attitude.

Walkapotamus

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Point View Post
What really set me off about this thread was Leona. More Leona's plate mail high heels.
There are like 80 pages of people responding (Some more poorly than others) with champions they feel dont share the same "Model" as every other female.

But thats not enough. But that is ok, you have your opinion and thats fine. EXCEPT for Leona.This strikes a cord with me because of ALL the tanks she looks the most intimidating.
Have you seen Defender Leona?
What about her is in anyway similar to other female champions? Is it the most epic battle worn Shield that sends Taric and Pantheon away with envy. Or her battled hardend mother ****ing Claymore in one hand none the less.

But, But Cassiopeia is just a busty buxom fembot put on top of a snake. You mean the girl whos ENTIRE LORE is based of her SEDUCING people. If they made a male equivalent and he wasnt dashing and handsome everyone would complain. And truthfully they would have a right to.
sorry I didn't quote your whole post, I didn't want to take up too much space on the page :P but i do agree with you on the Leona thing. She is a badass tank that is well armored and it looks great! Especially the Defender skin. (its the only Leona skin I use.)
Also I must say in my opinion there already is a dashing male character in Twisted Fate! He's got that swag and the stylish Cajun accent that is just so smooth you can't help but like him (unless you're Graves)!

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
Oops getting culture mixed up with biology.... remember that until recently Africa had a serious calorie production problem due to a number of problems. Dis functional international aid soviet style governments and lack of roads or year around navigable water ways (its a bigger deal then it appears once you analyze what navigational water does for a society and what its lack does to a social structure). (Their are a number of good reads but many consider Thomas Sowell's book race and culture to be the best of its class in regards to explaining the very large role topographical features of a county or region play in development or lack their of)

Men will prefer fat women only when they are on calorie restriction AKA famine for extended periods of time. Fatness is a not a cultural phenomena in female beauty but rather a biological one that is imposed on males who experiences lack of 3 square meals a day during their formative puberty years. African countries that have experienced the longest periods of peace also have thinner women in their (rather excellent local music videos) then those who have experienced food shortages or governments intent on starving people as a means of control.

Starvation in Europe also led to female body types that were both idealistically fat or plump but it did not last once farming techniques improved and idealized females became much much thinner when the last specters of famine were eradicated in the west with the rise of industrialism farming. Personally I don't want to see the rise of fatness a beauty ideal among men because it almost certainly means malnutrition or worse famine is stalking the land destroying the hopes of hard working people. Fat people as a beauty ideal is nearly always a sign of people living on the edge of subsistence where many fall though the cracks into starvation. A sign of mental distress if their ever was one which can persist even a full generation or two after the last big famine.
The anorexic standard is just as cultural. Before the '60s, the ideal woman in rich, healthy countries was not obese but she was much more curvaceous.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMyshu View Post
OMGosh the dudes in this game are just as naked as the females!! wtf are you BLIND!?!?

Look at Ryze on the header of the this forum page, he has no shirt!! and he's not the only one!
This has already been mentioned. The males in LoL are masculinity extremes for male players to project onto. They do not look like that to pander to female sexual desire. The females, however, pander to male sexual desire more than they pander to female projection needs. Half-naked Ryze proves nothing.

Henslayer

01-13-2012

If given the choice, men and women both would rather play a hot female champ over an ugly one. Women are actually more guilty of this than men (how many women do you know that play "ugly" champs?)

Why this continues to be an issue, I can't fathom. I guess people just love to complain about anything and everything.

Sgonzo

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
First, "equal" does not mean "the same." Secondly, I think Social Darwinism is wrong.
^ its not social darwinism it is infact daarwinism, some people are born with geentics that make them faster, motabolise fats quicker, make it easier for muscle growth
this make them physically better then others who dont, on the other hand we have poeple who have super fast neurons, or have ability to empathize with others so well that this makes them betetr for certain roles in society.