Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneSirDieAlot

01-13-2012

I personally just don't care.
I play this game out of enjoyment of the PVP aspect.
It is intense, quick-paced, and most importantly fun.
I don't give two ****s what the champion looks like, I play champions based on their performance and my personal playing style.
Do I mind that the females are obviously, how should I say, "incorrectly preportioned.?"
No, I don't.
But, I don't personally feel it matters at all what video game champions look like, considering that it actually has nothing to do with their ability to be played. (although larger champions can make it more difficult to target smaller champions, such as a chogath at full size standing on top of a teemo.)
Just my two cents.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyderin View Post
I love you. Can we have a(nother) female monster? Pleeeaaaasse!
Another? Cassieopeia is only slightly monstrous. I want a real monster! And I want it to look like it couldn't be male or female! AND I want its lore to refer to it as "she." Because ya know what? Kog'maw should have been referred to as "she" and any of the others could have.

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burungeru View Post
If Tryndamere was not a male, I would question his Kingship.
Tryndamere's right arm is a lot stronger than his left arm. Must be the, ahem, sword.

Loloasda

01-13-2012

i dont want an tranny look alike champ dude

Pkº

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typ3Cast View Post
I'm not 100% sure where I stand on this. This is a fantasy game, so if you take it like that it should not conform to what is considered the norm in real life. Not sure if anyone would want to buy skins of Large(Obese), Fully Clothed Females. Then again in the U.S. anyway, the opposite of norm would be skinny. Which in my opinion the extreme of either is not attractive to me personally. I'm not looking down on woman for being either of those, everyone is beautiful in their own way.

I walk down the street and see woman's breasts hanging out everywhere(Don't get me started on Halloween..) I get annoyed when woman give you a dirty look or say something to you for checking them out. If your going to parade your chest around for everyone to see don't you dare get mad when someone takes the opportunity to look. That is after all why your wearing what your wearing.

I don't like to assume, so let's not assume that most of the people against the revealing females are in fact females. I myself(A Male) would prefer woman to dress fully clothed yet its human nature, just how we are wired. Sort of like how some posts have been about how people want "Hot or Sexy" men with few clothes on. However back to where I was going with this, if you are a female and are posting about how the females should have clothes on and not show any cleavage I have a question. Your saying you have never shown some skin? Never a glimpse of cleavage? Short shorts or a mini skirt? If you have what was your reason for wearing it? The answer is to look more attractive to the opposite ***. Everyone wouldn't mine a second look from someone you are walking past, or a compliment on how beautiful you look.

Riot makes skins to give champions a different look, that is really the only reason to buying a skin. So if they don't look "Good" to societies current standards then no-one is going to buy them. Riot has to add that WOW factor, the second glance, or beautiful image to the skins in order to sell them. Yes this can be accomplished in other ways besides lack of clothing. I myself really like the detail that can be put into a champions Armour to really make it shine, and I would like to see more of this.

An idea would be for champions default skin to be "Fully Clothed" with more attention on facial features and armor design. Then the Skins can be lacking in clothing or however you wish to get them sold. This way people never have to play with a champ they find offensive. New Champions sell themselves and don't need the lack of clothing because well, they are new, have new skills, everyone wants to try it.

Well I just wanted to give my opinion on the subject. Thanks for reading

Typ3
I really like this idea, that way the popularity of the champ will stay the same since people will have to buy the champion to buy the nice looking skins, meaning Riot can't deny it over loss of money. As well as it doesn't make League look like the Playboy Mansion with female champs.
Pleases both sides and has no negative effect
+1 for you good sir

Maikky

01-13-2012

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure where I stand on this. This is a fantasy game, so if you take it like that it should not conform to what is considered the norm in real life. Not sure if anyone would want to buy skins of Large(Obese), Fully Clothed Females. Then again in the U.S. anyway, the opposite of norm would be skinny. Which in my opinion the extreme of either is not attractive to me personally. I'm not looking down on woman for being either of those, everyone is beautiful in their own way.

I walk down the street and see woman's breasts hanging out everywhere(Don't get me started on Halloween..) I get annoyed when woman give you a dirty look or say something to you for checking them out. If your going to parade your chest around for everyone to see don't you dare get mad when someone takes the opportunity to look. That is after all why your wearing what your wearing.

I don't like to assume, so let's not assume that most of the people against the revealing females are in fact females. I myself(A Male) would prefer woman to dress fully clothed yet its human nature, just how we are wired. Sort of like how some posts have been about how people want "Hot or Sexy" men with few clothes on. However back to where I was going with this, if you are a female and are posting about how the females should have clothes on and not show any cleavage I have a question. Your saying you have never shown some skin? Never a glimpse of cleavage? Short shorts or a mini skirt? If you have what was your reason for wearing it? The answer is to look more attractive to the opposite ***. Everyone wouldn't mine a second look from someone you are walking past, or a compliment on how beautiful you look.

Riot makes skins to give champions a different look, that is really the only reason to buying a skin. So if they don't look "Good" to societies current standards then no-one is going to buy them. Riot has to add that WOW factor, the second glance, or beautiful image to the skins in order to sell them. Yes this can be accomplished in other ways besides lack of clothing. I myself really like the detail that can be put into a champions Armour to really make it shine, and I would like to see more of this.

An idea would be for champions default skin to be "Fully Clothed" with more attention on facial features and armor design. Then the Skins can be lacking in clothing or however you wish to get them sold. This way people never have to play with a champ they find offensive. New Champions sell themselves and don't need the lack of clothing because well, they are new, have new skills, everyone wants to try it.

Well I just wanted to give my opinion on the subject. Thanks for reading

Typ3
Sigh

Luli

01-13-2012

I know a lot of people complain that in many male dominated audiences - such as the one for league of legends - females are over sexualised, wear ridiculously little clothing, and are generally skimpy and somewhat ****ty.
I'm female, I've been playing games for a long time and I like it. I like for everything to look pretty and attractive, and it's nice to not see all of the characters smothered in plate armour or whatever the realistic option is. That's fantasy, it's generally how it works. I'm not a **** irl, when I look at the characters I don't think they look ****ty, I just enjoy the artwork that comes with them.

Typ3Cast

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
Sigh
Can you explain your sigh a bit more please? That and the Bold don't really tell me much and I am interested in your honest opinion.

Typ3

Maikky

01-13-2012

Quote:
Can you explain your sigh a bit more please? That and the Bold don't really tell me much and I am interested in your honest opinion.

Typ3
There aren't really any "New" skills in the past few champions .

Kiddalee

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izanagi Fiaresu View Post
Boobs= money

Why else are strip joints so popular.
For the wings.