Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blakk Majikk

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernkastar View Post
I see where you are coming from, but can we PLEASE have a handsome (not overly muscular or aged), skin revealing, male young adult with some biologically gravitation characteristics? I want some male love in this department of matter.

I don't care too much about Riot idealizing female bodies for fan service, but I'm concerned that there's none in terms of males. I know the vast majority of players are straight males, but just ONE would suffice.

Or even a new, attractive Ezreal skin with a different haircut.
I've always wondered why Riot hasn't made a Dante-esque champion yet (that one guy from Devil May Cry). Something like that seems to fit your description.

Korica Riftaxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

I grow quite tired of the excuse that gender needs to be determinable from the game's viewpoint.

Not only is the gender of the champion irrelevant, people are not defined by their gender. The fact that Tryndamere is a huge barbarian with a giant sword is more important than the fact that he has a *****.

One of my favorite examples of this bias is the fact that every single non-human champion is characterized as male. Malphite, Maokai, Nocturne, etc. They all have male-esque bodies and male-esque voices. Their gender is completely irrelevant and yet still they are displayed as male.
Why can't we have a giant spider monster that happens to be female?

Some people got confused about Kayle before her rework, mistaking her for a male. Good. That's how it should be. Armor is meant for protection, not for displaying gender.

Shmanka

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Calder View Post
Because obviously somebody can't be the slightest overweight or muscular without suddenly becoming morbidly obese or a bodybuilder.

STOP THINKING IN EXTREMES.
Why would no one but the physically best be able to compete in LoL? Lore wise it doesn't make sense, and unfortunately marketing wise it doesn't make sense.

So .... why is this a topic again?

CeliaMoon

01-12-2012

For me, it's not even a matter of this champ's body type (which, quite frankly, is fine to me) but a matter of logic. In fact, I think Sejuani looks awesome! =D However, she lives in frigid temperatures, yet wears little clothing? I just wish there was a bit of continuity there. Going off of what IronStylus has been saying, I think I would still be able to tell that she was female if she had some fur covering her up a bit. (I mean fur is fashionable! ;D ) And even if you couldn't, I don't think it would matter much. I mean, Kayle looks fantastic, as does Shyvana. I'm not an artist, but I don't think that showing more skin is necessarily the answer here.

Either way, I still think she looks good. Albeit, very chilly. =P

Eyderin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korica Riftaxe View Post
I grow quite tired of the excuse that gender needs to be determinable from the game's viewpoint.

Not only is the gender of the champion irrelevant, people are not defined by their gender. The fact that Tryndamere is a huge barbarian with a giant sword is more important than the fact that he has a *****.

One of my favorite examples of this bias is the fact that every single non-human champion is characterized as male. Malphite, Maokai, Nocturne, etc. They all have male-esque bodies and male-esque voices. Their gender is completely irrelevant and yet still they are displayed as male.

Some people got confused about Kayle before her rework, mistaking her for a male. Good. That's how it should be. Armor is meant for protection, not for displaying gender.
I love you. Can we have a(nother) female monster? Pleeeaaaasse!

Myrmidont

01-12-2012

I've made these very same types of arguments about how the female form is held to a super model ideal instead of true to the archetypes that exist in reality or in fantasy riots only stance is that it is their artistic direction and that trumps all and to hell with all of your arguments about fantasy genre, sexism, blandness

in actuality Ironstylus responded to my thread with pretty much all of (and I'm paraphrasing) "its a style choice x y z bland idealistic position that doesn't bother to actually answer my arguments or even appear to trump them, but ignores them as irrelevant"

Something along the lines of "super models are the ideal female form, and our champions hold true as the epitome of the idealistic champion for each *** or race, and how they would envision them" a bunch of bull s hit if you ask me.

Riot's got some bass ackwards views on it.

Hummin

01-12-2012

Iron you are by far my favorite red, i love how happy you are and you taking time to reply to a thread with seriousness and joy in it. I do love the leona and her skins and shyvanna. i really hope that one day there will be a female gragas just because that would be alot of fun! But keep it up im rooting for you

Burungeru

01-12-2012

Quote:
If Tryndamere was not a male, I would question his Kingship.

Contagioned

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0degreez View Post
No, you completely missed the point. The poster is pointing out that champions who should be physically strong should look it no matter which ***. If you're hurting people with your fists (Lee Sin) or carrying a large weapon and swinging it freely (Trymdamere) you should have muscle.
The OP's point was that girls are objectified in LoL artwork, actually.

We went through like 18 pages of this argument, btw.

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:

Errr...Anivia?

But yes there should be more.