Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raxi

01-12-2012

IronStylus gets +1 respect for his lengthy counter argument on page 13, all his bases well covered and explained in detail, whether or not they were the answers all the anti hourglass posters wanted they were very solid answers none the less.

ias

01-12-2012

muscular women are a turn off, look them up (the real life ones) and know why.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
16 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Good point! Here is an interesting post on "boobplate" by an actual armorer. Section 4 goes over a plate they made and the practical issues it has. http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fant...and-lady-bits/
Ooooh excellent. By the way, I used to be a prop builder. I've MADE armor.. though mainly from sculpting in clay, molding, and fiberglassing/resin pouring, but I can certainly attest that metal armor of the boob-conforming variety in practicality is nearly impossible to make in a way that would produce any sort of logistical benefit.

A guy can dream though!

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ias View Post
muscular women are a turn off, look them up (the real life ones) and know why.
Speak for yourself.

Evil Enchantress

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Good point! Here is an interesting post on "boobplate" by an actual armorer. Section 4 goes over a plate they made and the practical issues it has. http://madartlab.com/2011/12/14/fant...and-lady-bits/
The page he references in the first paragraph is a GREAT source of inspiration for armored female character concepts, too! (Y'know, if anyone were to happen to be looking for such a thing. *cough*)

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

The female discussion was lost on me, I could see where both sides are coming from on this. I really did enjoy how you defended it though, IronStylus. It's nice to see how designers are taking into accounts some of the tiny things like how clothing can cause some sort of confusion (If it wasn't for Poppy's hair, I honestly think she'd be mistaken for a male constantly). Now, since we have the female discussion out of the way, I plan on looking forward to a hot male champion.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
17 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciedBR View Post
It's sort of why I wish I had the silver skin, but I'm too cheap to buy a $40 retail CE box just so I can get it.

Hmmm, I kind of want to see if I can get IronStylus to respond to my thoughts on Sejuani's design. Maybe second time's the charm?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post19643272

On a side note, you know what would be a nice function to add to the forums? A little button at the top of each post giving the url to that post for easy linking.
Totally saw your post, googled her, you have excellent points! I'm a bit brain burned to give you any sort of meaningful input aside from.. "Words! Good! Banana!"

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:
People will always want to see more than they’re allowed. An exposed ankle will make someone blush if they’ve always been denied access to them in the past. If your characters are naked, there’s nothing to tease us with. A well considered bare shoulder can be way sexier than full frontal nudity. Put a bit of thought into when and how you expose your characters. The anticipation and the idea can be more enticing than the full show.
Oh my god this.

Zer0degreez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
You realize almost all of the males that are showing stomach have six packs and uber muscles, right? I'm not going to count males from species that look nothing like humans for obvious reasons. So why don't you complain next time a male character isn't a fatass? It alienates all fatasses that can't stand looking at these muscular men.
No, you completely missed the point. The poster is pointing out that champions who should be physically strong should look it no matter which ***. If you're hurting people with your fists (Lee Sin) or carrying a large weapon and swinging it freely (Trymdamere) you should have muscle.

Warscythes

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosce View Post
Speak for yourself.
To be fair, I am pretty sure most males would find extremely muscular women scary while finding lean/fit girls attractive.

So he is half right.